Engine rebuild twin

Hi

I’ve just picked up a Twin Turbo, but looking to get engine overhauled. Can somebody please advise on best GTO builder in UK? Had a look on net, but can’t find much about them…Top end is a bit tappy

Thanks

Hi,

First of all welcome to the club. Probably best to put a post in the dedicated newbie section and show us all a picture of your new car. Regarding tapping of the top end this is common on these cars and most likely lifter tick a good oil change will more than likely do the job.

James

Hi James

Thanks for quick reply. I’ll get some pictures sorted on weekend, nothing to look at yet… But of a project that needs some love. I’ll give it a flush and service, see how she sounds then… Apologies on post, did my really know how to post…

Cheers

Rhys

1 Like

Welcome to GTOUK Rhys !

1 Like

Welcome mate, westfields Southend will be your best bet

1 Like

Welcome along Rhys, you’ll find the peeps always like a bit of introduction accompanied by a couple of pics. Keeps them all happy then :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Terry :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Rhys,

Did you find anybody to take this work on?

Thanks

Hi

Not yet, I’ve just been dealing with neglected bits on car. Do you know of somebody who is great with these?

Cheers

Mine sounded awful but had first gen lifters, replaced them the 3mm version and sounds far better now.

Hi Rhys. I maybe able to offer you a rebuild service. Its something i occasionally do in my spare time. What work do you require?

Paul

3 Likes

Hi Rhys

PaulW has quality workmanship. Done some great work on mine. Soon to do another big job on it.

Hi rhys,

I’m looking to do the same with my twin turbo to it get it ready for japfest donington this year, do keep us posted on how you go about it. I’ve been in contact with Westfield motors a garage in essex for an overhaul it’s sounds like costly process but has got to be done!

Cheers

Sam