European spec headlights

Hi guys, im after some European headlights I have exported my car and my lights are the wrong type the beam deflectors are for the UK but I need European ones, I can buy or trade my UK reflectors for your European ones.

I know you can buy beam deflector stickers but they are not allowed for the registration test.

My car is the MK1 1991 gto twin turbo with the pop up head lights. inbox me with details.

thanks !

Hey where have you exported the car too? Best bet might be a country specific eBay?

I took it to Sweden and ive tried the local ebay “tradera.com” and “blocket.se” but they have none, ive also tried the other websites and I can only get a left headlight and that’s for £80 second hand so that’s not an option.

Maybe ask rob at evil empire? He might be able to get them but would be new?!

yes, I forgot about him :slight_smile: I will do and for the price of new they will be worth it, rather than second hand for almost the same price.

I think you will really be suprised on prices here!! I bet new mk1 lights are 250 each

Maybe, we will haft to see, I have also enquired in my local Mitsubishi garage too.

and £250 for just 1 of the light units? the reflector part that the light goes in nothing else?

Welcome to the club,
Good luck sorting your lights out.
Darthvader’s car 428bhp, that must have some good mods for that power, what size turbos, injectors, etc are you running.

Why not get some from USA where they are lhd too ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x6-HALOGEN-SEALED-HI-LOW-BEAM-GLASS-HEADLIGHTS-HEADLAMP-BULBS-PAIR-OF-2-/231110658529?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A3000GT&hash=item35cf44c9e1&vxp=mtr

:wink:

[quote]Why not get some from USA where they are lhd too ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x6-HALOGEN-SEALED-HI-LOW-BEAM-GLASS-HEADLIGHTS-HEADLAMP-BULBS-PAIR-OF-2-/231110658529?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A3000GT&hash=item35cf44c9e1&vxp=mtr

:wink:[/quote]

nice ! these will do just the job as long as they fit and are correct for the beam :smiley:

[quote]Welcome to the club,
Good luck sorting your lights out.
Darthvader’s car 428bhp, that must have some good mods for that power, what size turbos, injectors, etc are you running.[/quote]

There is quite a bit done but I have no idea how much etc. as I’ve not stripped the engine etc., what it does have though from previous owner (which I take with a pinch of salt always) and from visible inspection it has :-
Hurst muncie gearbox (?)
HKS Air double mushroom air filter
HKS sequential dump valve
HKS 18" alloys
Brembo Breaks
Race Tek TBE double 4inch pipe
ECU Remap

It was owned by a Japanese race car driver called Zees Swarmaru it has a metal stamp on the front of the car under the hood with his name and serial number, however I cannot find information about it anywhere, I understand that he raced this car in japan before being sold to the uk in 1999 where it done 5000 over 13 years until I picked it up.
I have done a 0-60 in the car (although I cant confirm the speedo is calibrated) but going from my old GTO’s 1st gear topping out at about 57mph it looks the same, I took the time at 4.7 seconds which puts it about 430bhp.

the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1btcb489EIU

[quote]

I think you will really be suprised on prices here!! I bet new mk1 lights are 250 each[/quote]

I found lights from my local Mitsubishi dealer they cost only £103.88 each and are imported from japan, im still waiting to hear back from rob. also theres those American imported lights too that someone linked they look good to go too !

Ah see this is my fault for not understanding the mk1 cars very well! I thought they were more like the sealed unit of a mk2.
So I was thinking the lights and good and pop up mechanisim were all as one (pretty bad on my behalf!! )

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Robs pretty busy but does get back if you nag him.

[quote]Ah see this is my fault for not understanding the mk1 cars very well! I thought they were more like the sealed unit of a mk2.
So I was thinking the lights and good and pop up mechanisim were all as one (pretty bad on my behalf!! )

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Robs pretty busy but does get back if you nag him.[/quote]

yeah im good to wait a few days until I order I like to get the best option between price delivery time etc.
and its only a plastic surround and 2 screws holding the light in place :smiley:

Got headlights now £65 per unit :slight_smile:

Glad you got some

lol It slightly more than some plastic and two screws though !!!

Also my LHD units are E marked Hella not budget ones without E marks

Check yours as they may be illegal in Sweden

Regards

they are E marked.

Are they Genuine Mitsubishi ones ??

Yes, although they need slight modification as the are for the 3000GT now the gto.

The Headlight Glass Units are shallower on a GT than a GTO and to the best of my knowledge Should fit (althouigh i checked many years ago now) But you deffo cant Fit GTO Glass Units into a GT !!

My Kit would have fitted and also would have improved the actually lighting of the road 4 fold and you would have been able to see the road …lol

Shame but never mind

Cheers Rob