Final round of the Jap Drag Series 2012

This is part of Jap Show Finale so should be plenty going on for everyone including Run What Ya Brung, show and shine, handling circuit, drift rides, fun fair, monster trucks etc. etc.

http://www.japshow.co.uk/index.html

I will obviously be competing in the JDS with a lighter and hopefully (substantially) more powerful car!

Hope to see you there.

André

[quote]This is part of Jap Show Finale so should be plenty going on for everyone including Run What Ya Brung, show and shine, handling circuit, drift rides, fun fair, monster trucks etc. etc.

http://www.japshow.co.uk/index.html

I will obviously be competing in the JDS with a lighter and hopefully (substantially) more powerful car!

Hope to see you there.

André[/quote]

Will be there that weekend with my daughter and her boyfriend will be on the JPOC stand with my GTO and his Scooby…so will see you there

Good stuff, see you there.

André

I wont be there, as I will be starting my project soon, but good luck in the event Andre.

Steve

Cheers Stevie

André

I may pop over with the lad to cheer you on again, as long as you dont think i am a bad omen :roll: :smiley:

Julian.

Bad news I’m afraid guys.

The valve stem tips are cauliflowered. The good news is that finding it now has saved my engine!

Possible causes could be either not enough preload on the rockers and/or the stem tips were ground down and not re-hardened

My options are:

a) have them cut out, new stem seals and get some custom valves made

or

b) get another set of DR Stage 3 heads, get them pinned and fitted with a set of ‘made to order’ valves and double spring kit.

It appears that either option is going to cost a few grand and take at least 4 weeks to supply.

So I won’t be able to compete at JDS round 5 unless I took the 99 just to collect a few points, but I can’t see it making much odds in the points standings, so it would just be more expense with the chance of breaking the red car.

Sorry guys.

André

[quote]Bad news I’m afraid guys.

The valve stem tips are cauliflowered. The good news is that finding it now has saved my engine!

Possible causes could be either not enough preload on the rockers and/or the stem tips were ground down and not re-hardened

My options are:

a) have them cut out, new stem seals and get some custom valves made

or

b) get another set of DR Stage 3 heads, get them pinned and fitted with a set of ‘made to order’ valves and double spring kit.

It appears that either option is going to cost a few grand and take at least 4 weeks to supply.

So I won’t be able to compete at JDS round 5 unless I took the 99 just to collect a few points, but I can’t see it making much odds in the points standings, so it would just be more expense with the chance of breaking the red car.

Sorry guys.

André[/quote]

Don’t seem to have much luck do you Andre…like you say better finding it now than later