First Oxford area meet. (South Central)

Right i have just got back from the pub and a mate knows someone at his work who has a gto and lives in Oxon, this got me thinking…

If we can all agree a place and date would anybody be interested in a south central meet??

Got to be a few of us around these parts…

I’m thinking oxford area because its central to alot of places, and before you say it I dont live IN oxford anymore, more like in the cotswolds so is about a 80 mile round trip for me too.

Thoughts please…

cheers

Dave

NOW ARRANGED FOR 23/3/08
LOCATION THE LONGWALL, COWLEY,OXFORD.
TIME 13:30-WHENEVER

http://www.pub-explorer.com/oxon/pub/longwalloxford.htm

1. Dave Bates
  2. Cuzy
  3. t90d
  4. fastbikes76
  5. Marty K
  6. Brendan
  7. Daniel
  8. Silverfox

Hi Dave,
Yeah be up for that mate, can’t get much closer than me :smiley: . I was starting to feel a bit lonely.

Depends when I may turn up :wink:

Mark

just sounding out a the mo, will find venue, and sort date at weekend.

Keep those names coming, and suggest a day, I’m thinking a sun arvo, only cos Its cold in the evening at the moment.

Names and comments please.

Dave

I sholud be up for this subject to how soon it is. Should be driving in about 3-4 weeks :frowning:

I would probably be up for this, depending on when.
Marty

Poll added…

okay Sunday it is then, now which one…

New poll…(sorry but this is the first time i’ve polled so going over top!!)

Dave

Okay no new poll, looks like i cant edit/delete the poll so will just have to have open discussion

I suggest

Sunday March 30th, (BST Begins)

Comments/more convenient days please…

Dave

[quote]I would probably be up for this, depending on when.
Marty[/quote]

Depending on when I might try and get along as well

Good to see you back Marty

Brendan

I’m in Oxford this weekend, and maybe the 23rd or 30th, so depends what happens :slight_smile:

Mark

March 30th, rota’d in at work at the moment, will have to see if required closer to the time. Thats the trouble with 12hr shifts on a power station, turn all your leccy off and they won’t need me. :smiley:

cuzy

How are you fixed for the 23rd???

Dave

23rd, nights that weekend so if your talking anytime from midday to 5’ish yeah sounds fine. Usually up and about by 11.00 so an afternoon meet would be just right. 8)

Right NEW PREFFERED OPTION for meet

sun 23 march 13:30 onwards

Anyone…

Dave

23rd is best for me too as i wont have the kids.

I can still do the 30th although i will have the kids and MIGHT not come in GTO as there will be 5 of us on the 30th.

23’rd :smiley: :smiley:

[quote]23rd is best for me too as i wont have the kids.

I can still do the 30th although i will have the kids and MIGHT not come in GTO as there will be 5 of us on the 30th.[/quote]

Hmmmm, just got word from my walking diary, We have the kids both weekends 23rd and 30th !! We wernt supposed to have them but we swapped with the dork. So I am still able to make 23rd but will be in the Type-R instead.

Looking good for the 23rd…

now to find a venue,

The Longwall ,Cowley, Oxford
Big car park
Bar
Food
Easy to find

Fox’s Diner, Berinsfield roundabout Nr Oxford
Big car park
NO BAR
Food and Tea/Coffee etc
Biker hangout
Relativly easy to find

Dave

Don’t know the first but know the secound from my biker days. Berinsfield is bacon butties and coffee, thats about it. Whats Cowley like Dave?