First unread post

I am sure that most have been on the other UK forum and one thing that I find very usefull is the “First Unread” option. Saves You having to scroll through all the posts that You already have read on long threads. Would this sort of thing be dificult to set up on this forum.
Jeff 8)

Do you mean like clicking on the little page icon next to a topic title as shown below?:

Not an obvious feature but it’s there :wink:

Gav

Gav that is a good spot 8)

well done fella , never even knew that was there

Craig :slight_smile:

I don’t have a bookmark for the forum, I have a bookmark for the new posts. It shows you what threads are active, and is the best way!

what other UK forum?

[quote]Do you mean like clicking on the little page icon next to a topic title as shown below?:

Not an obvious feature but it’s there :wink:

Gav[/quote]

No, After you click on the brown folder and the most recent page. You have to scroll through all the posts that You have already read to find the new post.
What You need to do is click on the brown folder, then when it opens, click on “First unread post” and it takes You to the first post that You have not seen.
Jeff 8)

[quote]No, After you click on the brown folder and the most recent page. You have to scroll through all the posts that You have already read to find the new post.
What You need to do is click on the brown folder, then when it opens, click on “First unread post” and it takes You to the first post that You have not seen.
Jeff 8)[/quote]

Sorry Jeff, I don’t understand?? When I click on the icon circled, it takes me straight to the newest post in the thread. Isn’t that what you are after? It’s how I browse the forum, I always start at the forum index, then click “View posts since last visit”, then any thread I’ve been reading I always click on the newest post icon :?

Gav

[quote]

[quote]No, After you click on the brown folder and the most recent page. You have to scroll through all the posts that You have already read to find the new post.
Jeff 8)[/quote]

Sorry Jeff, I don’t understand?? When I click on the icon circled, it takes me straight to the newest post in the thread. Isn’t that what you are after? It’s how I browse the forum, I always start at the forum index, then click “View posts since last visit”, then any thread I’ve been reading I always click on the newest post icon :?

Gav[/quote]

Hi Gav, hadn’t noticed “view posts since last visit” Just tried it, looks very messy with posts all mixed up and from areas of the forum that I would not want to read at that time. :frowning:
Jeff 8)