Flattening battery problem

Hello guys,

Had my bro 2 months now and has sent through 2 battery now I understand this surely isn’t normal behaviour. It has an aftermarket alarm system and doubke din clarion stereo also has a HID kit fitted for the dipped beams and side lights were running on aftermarket led they were stripped out and the wiring was horrendous this is now sorted I have removed the bonnet bulb and the Boot light bulbs to no avail. 1 thing I notice is the lights get brighter as I rev the car now normally this would indicate the alternator right? But the cars running fine for 14-18 days and then one day just dies and needs jumped? So surelybthats something completely training the battery in a oner no ? Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Marty

Hi Marty, don’t see a ‘UK’ badge under your pic so I assume you’re not a member, (have to say this as I fukk’d up this before) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

First off welcome to the club, put up some pictures and show people your ride.

There is a thing called a battery digital clamp meter with which you can clamp on the positive lead and it indicates how much draw there is on the battery when its parked. then you can check systems etc and find exactly where the major draw is. I have one and am going to do just that on my car.

Good luck

Terry :sunglasses:

Thanks mate and I am not a full member as i was recemtly paid ogf from work do every penny is a prisoner but sokn as i am working again full membership will be on the list haha

regards
Marty.

3 Likes

Can you not test the same with a meter between the positive lead and positive battery terminal and remove fuse one at a time to see which circuit the draw is on sure i done this when had the same issue on my old celica gt4 18 years ago ? God I’m getting old :weary::weary::weary:

I have bought another battery it’s meant to work at lowest temperatures and take a larger charge apparently the battery i had in it was being overcharged by the alternator I didn’t even know thatwasa thing ! Haha

regards
Marty.

2 Likes