Forum homepage query

Have asked this question before but got no answers-----
Why does my homepage not update automatically after each visit and I am still getting yellow flags showing at Forum Index even though I am up to date with posts since my last visit

You last visited on Fri 21 Jun, 2013 8:02 pm
The time now is Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:28 pm
GTOUK Forum Index

Above is a copy and paste of my screen 5 minutes ago (top left hand corner above the Index list. If I highlight the bottom line (GTOUK Forum Index) and click on it, the last visit and time comes good and yellow flags disappear.
But next time I visit the site, the dates and time are wrong again and yellow flags are back.

WHY ???

Ozzie I’ve had it where I’ve placed a post and come back later to find mine is the only one
posted since I placed it and it flags it to tell me I haven’t red it…

I put it down to the forum thinking… God he makes such long posts he cant of red all of that
already :shock: :lol:

I think it’s to do with sessions, if you don’t close the browser window between site visits then the session is still considered to be open and you won’t see anything change. Close the browser and reconnect to the site and then it should open a new session and you’ll get the updates you were expecting.

Thanks guys----thought after I had posted that it may be something to do with me never logging off----I just close the tab down before shutting down laptop

That’s good… I was getting bored with reading my own posts over and over again… There was a
time when I thought I was the only member on here :stuck_out_tongue: :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: