Found one... 3000GT :)

I wouldn’t feel too bad about it, I’ve spent more than that now and mine is more rust than car…

The wheel hub is actually pretty easy to take off, I’m a novice and it didn’t take me much effort. Haven’t gone as far as the bearings though or taken the hub fully off due to not having a ball joint splitter that fits. Same with brakes, easiest car I have worked on to change them on. So far nothing has been seized!

The meguiers headlight polishing kit has worked well on stuff in the past for me, but not tried it on the GTs lights yet

font wheel bearing is pretty straight forward compared to the rears . rob does the replacements .they are different fit than oe ones but still easy enough to do . got a fair list their for a car that price tho .you aways end up spending cash on these cars anyway to get them the way you want .

1 Like

Mitsubishi changed from studs to Bolts on the later cars

Is that the vent in the dash that needs replacing? If so i would move that down to the next list… or even the one after that!!

1 Like

No that’s the screen demister… No air out the window screen vents at all. Expect the cable has popped off

Ah ok fair dos mate. The vents is a dash out job and is far too difficult for what it achieves.

Little update

The following done

Fix driver’s window button “Done”
Repair interior lights “Done”
Restore fuse’s “Done”
Fix window screen blower “Done”
Replace front number plate “Have new plates not fitted”

Restore head lights “Done”
Fan belt “Done”

Before and after of lights

Before

After

Just waiting on the UV clear coat to show up to finish :slight_smile:

Will get there in the end :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looks good, what did you use for the lights?

Auto Glym headlight restoration kit

£25 in Halfords at the moment but you need a drill

2 Likes

Those lights have come up nice! I may buy a kit for my newer gto…Did you take them off to get in the corners with the drill??

Yes I removed both to restore them

The thing to remember is with that kit is to keep the dust to a minimum otherwise the sanding pads get eaten up quickly.

Tip, Even thought the instructions say to use the first lot of sanding pads dry I in the end I used a spray bottle on all the sanding pads as the pads lasted longer and it was easier to work on.

Good tip, I’ve got a half decent drill with side handle… Only they aren’t as peely as the before shots. Still I’d do the same if it has good results. I was looking at various kits wondering what the best one would be, and did actually look at this one

I’d be doing it too some 99 lights, so I’m also wondering if the raised bubble part of the lights will be a bit tricky with the drill, not being flat and all

I think the 99 lights are doable but would take it slow.

I found having the drill on 1/2 speed was better then full speed for control

Well little update

Easy fix’s can do myself

Respray wipers. Done
Fix driver’s window button. Done
Fix driver’s wing mirror
Repair interior lights. Done
Remove chave led’s. Done
Restore fuse’s. Done
Clean engine
Fix active aero. Done
Fix suspension sport flashing
Fix window screen blower . Done
Replace front indicators
Replace front number plate. Done
Rewire stereo. Done
Repaint calipers. Done
Place Mitsubishi logo incorrect position. Done
All wheel nuts replaced. Done

Slightly Harder fix’s can do myself

Restore head lights. Done
New brake pads
New disks
Wheel Bering/hub. Done

Hard fix’s

Respray roof
Remove car park dents x2. Done but need finishing
Front bumper… repair badly filled in logo or replace bumper
Remove/restore crash bar back to black. Done
Restore wheels / change wheels. Done

Some photos

Before

Finished bar and after a clean Polish and wax

Not looking to bad but still lots to do :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Looking really tidy good work…now crack on

1 Like

Great job. Really making the car look tidy.

1 Like

Looking great buddy. Get yourself a thread up in the Projects and Restorations part of the forum. Great way to keep track of your progress.

1 Like

What was wrong with the window switch ? I need to have a look at mine but haven’t had time yet

On opening the unit i found all the switch connections black.

I cleaned them all off

I also shaved a tiny bit of plastic off the driver’s up switch button. Your see a little stopper on the switch itself for up movement. I shaved that also to help close the window

3 Likes