Frizzells

Hi all,
just thought I’d let you all know that if you own a GTO and you want Frizzells to quote don’t bother. I spoke to them this morning and was told that thry did not list a GTO so couldn’t quote…eh! Now I’m sure that some of you that own GTO’s are insured by them or are they GT3000s?

rodger

I’m with Frizzells which is an arm of Liverpool Victoria and am in the process of taking out my second years insurance with them. On my policy it says Mitsubishi GTO (Import) Twin turbo so they do do it.
Try phoning Liverpool Victoria and tell them the problem. I know their web site doesn’t show imports but they do do them.
My Mrs has an import Toyota Celica and they insure that as well.
They are still the cheapest by a mile for me and Mrs Ming
With all the hikes in prmium over the past year my policy price actually dropped a few quid which I think is great.
I will be staying with them.
Ming the Happy

I’m also with Frizzells, when I phoned to get a quote on the TT (they know its an import) they were able to give me a quote BUT only because I am an existing customer. I think you’ll find they won’t take new customers on with any jap imports but as Mr Ming says its worth checking anyway. I did stick with them as they have been good to me paying out for my knackered gearbox a couple of years ago without any problems.

J

Same with me - my policy has GTO (IMPORT 280BHP) on it.
Not sure about the 280 BHP but all mods are mensioned to them with Photo’s.
Martyn ( Yellow TT )

Martyn:
Did they request photos:
I’m currently insured with them & they wasnt really that bothered with modifications unless the engine itself was modified:

Ron

I didn’t have a problem last Tuesday getting a quote and taking it up with LV :slight_smile:
Mind you I do work for them, thing is though I can’t see why you were refused, unless you are under a certain age, which does mess the criteria up a bit!
As the Emperor say’s LV are one of the cheapest around for imports.

I’m now insured with Frizzells … £626 fully comp with all mods included. They won’t insure a car with a rebored engine. Their trick is that they will only give you back the value of a std car.

You have to be 30 years or over and there is no limit on mileage.

Laters
André

My renewal came through this morning with Frizzells, GTO Import, £570 protected NCB. The advantage of being over erm… 35ish

Brendan

~Bren all mods declared… ? or with the theory that you’ll only be driving it 4 months out of 12… ololoololololololol sorry but you know why and who… etc etc…

All mods declared with the exception of the Nitrous. Need to have a friendly word with them on Monday. No need for rectricted milage as it has spent nearly two years out of three I have owned it, in the garage having the engine rebuilt three times. But I should have it back next week

Brendan

Bonne Chance Mon Ami

I’m with Liverpool Victoria, which I think is the same company? Anyway, my renewal came through this month and it’s actually gone DOWN!!!

My premium last year was £770.86, this year it’s gone down to £703.43! And they’ve given me an extra 5% NCB so I am now on 75% NCB (which is also protected).

I think this is fantastic! All mods are declared, unlimited mileage, class 1 business use, and the car is down as Mitsubishi GTO (Import) so they definitely have it listed correctly.

I just can’t believe it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote]I’m with Liverpool Victoria, which I think is the same company? Anyway, my renewal came through this month and it’s actually gone DOWN!!!

My premium last year was £770.86, this year it’s gone down to £703.43! And they’ve given me an extra 5% NCB so I am now on 75% NCB (which is also protected).

I think this is fantastic! All mods are declared, unlimited mileage, class 1 business use, and the car is down as Mitsubishi GTO (Import) so they definitely have it listed correctly.

I just can’t believe it! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Yep … just like me 75% NCB and protected, class 1 business use, etc.

Cool eh? Can you believe i had the same cover for sulley for £468. Amazing, they have now doubled their premiums due to a lot of young driver accidents (me thinks GTOs are too cheap so the youngsters are buying them).

Laters
André

I just got a quote from them of £55x.xx if I move 4 years NCB from my 4x4 to my GTO. That’s protected aswell. Got a good quote for my 4x4 aswell as I will need to change insurance companies.

This was based on J reg, manual twin turbo, 2970cc engine size, 32 years old. They were not bothered about what security I had fitted or what modifications I do to it as long as the engine size does’nt change. They also suggested taking loads of photos so that if the worst happens I don’t just get the market value of it.

Incidently, I just read something about if a car goes missing and you have a private plate on then you could end up losing it if you are unlucky. You have to wait for a year to get it back (if the car is not recovered) and then only if the insurance company agrees to it.

I suggest getting the forms already completed (minus the date) to transfer your private reg’s onto a retention document so that if anything does happen, you can run round to the local DVLA and swap it immediately obviously notifying your insurance company of change of registration a few hours before also then telling them of the problem.

I don’t know if this is exactly legal or not but to me it does’nt look like anything wrong is being done and it seems that this way your reg is safe.

Another possibility which I might look into is getting the insurance company to provide me with a letter confirming that should anything happen to my car then they will let me transfer the reg off it as I don’t fancy losing an expensive reg plate.

Darren

In Sept 2000 I had a white GTo stolen never recovered with my cherised plate on it. As you say I had to wait a year berfore I could claim my plate back from the DVLA and only with the supporting letter from the innsurance company. This is standard procedure and the insurance companies don’t have a problem with it as they say they are insuring the car and not the number. Off cxourse if you forget to claim it back the DVLA are within their rights to resell it. I was informed at the time by the DVLA that the number belongs to the car and not the individual.

Brendan