Giving some very much needed love to a GTO (help needed?)

Heya everyone! I’m Jae, Northamptonshire base, and somewhat happy owner of a 1994 GTO n/a Auto!

It’s not been running since 2017 and i’m trying so hard to get the old girl back on her feet for a Jap show on the 22nd September.

From what I can gather, I’m saying cursed words and I have No Spark. From what I’ve found out is the plug that supplies the coil packs isn’t suppling 12v (0.3v currently) I’ve tried to get the ECU looked at but, have been told they can’t diagnose it as its too old.

Where do i go from here?

n.b currently working on cam and crank sensors to see if they’re in good shape.

Thank you guys :smiley:

2 Likes

The PTU grounds the coils. The coils are supplied 12v at key on and cranking.

Years ago I did a “hotwire” that used a relay to give proper battery voltage to the coils for a better spark.

I believe the coil supply is direct from the ignition switch (but could be wrong).

To be honest if you are not great with automotive wiring you may have trouble repairing it unfortunately.

Hi All,

Please can I remind all members the newbie section is for introductions of yourself and the car to the forum. Technical questions and posts should be placed in the relevant sections of the forum. This helps us keep the forum tidy and enables easier searching for future questions etc…

If you would like access to all other areas of the forum please do join the club as a full member- costs ~ £20 p/a via the link below:

James
Club secretary