Goodwood Festival of Speed 2008 11th, 12th & 13th July

Anyone thinking of going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year?

I missed last year as I was still recovering from Le Mans :lol: but have been for there of the four previous years.

All types of machinery there to suit all ‘Petrolheads’.

Not sure if I’m going on the Saturday or Sunday yet.

Admission prices are £47. Tickets have to be purchased before the event.

Very good event, a whole variety of different cars / bikes there…I read on the website that they are having top fuel dragsters there this year - not sure how they will go up the hill though lol.

I’m hoping to go, been there 3 times so far and it’s great.

Fingers crossed I get some free hospitality tickets from work again :slight_smile:

Sue and I went last year - my birthday present, and included grandstand seats. Unfortunately, the weather was so appalling and the ground so muddy it put me off booking in advance for this year.
Closer to the time I might reconsider - weather and tickets permitting.

Have to agree, if there is wet weather things can get a bit messy.

Fortunately, I’ve been lucky, it’s always been sunny on my visits and usually arrive home with a bit of sunburn… :roll:

I’m going. Its my mates stag so we’ll all be hammered!

How do you recon you get to go up the hill? Thought maybe the evo or the subaru might make a trip up.

Cheers,

Ben.

I’d have thought there was zero chance of getting your own car onto the hill over that weekend.

[quote]I’m going. Its my mates stag so we’ll all be hammered!

How do you recon you get to go up the hill? Thought maybe the evo or the subaru might make a trip up.

Cheers,

Ben.[/quote]

Hi Ben,

Not a chance of ragging up the hill I’m afraid. It’s by invitation only by the current Earl of March. Most of the drivers that are invited are past or present race/rally drivers or owners of the very old machinery…

Justin

How about if i put an old plate on the evo??! :lol:

Bugger, still cool to watch i guess.

1. Cheers,

Ben.

I’ll be there on Friday 8)

Got a couple of freebie tickets from work, so me and Simon will be there.

It’s a great event, just hope it doesn’t rain quite as hard as last year :lol:

Marty