Great Feeling

As some of you know I am trying to make a unique engine cover that bridges the front rocker cover to the plenum.

But this isn’t a post about the cover, it’s regarding a PM from a member offering help to create them. The PM lead to an email, followed by a phone call explaining the different Stainless qualities, thicknesses and what would make a quality end product. This information was an amazing insight for me as I love taking new knowledge onboard.

Also given was the opinion of our club, how we as members come across, our technical knowledge and how quickly the new members feel welcome and what a credit GTOUK is.

Sometimes we as a committee like most members can get a little down hearted, especially over the last 18 months, but when it’s brought to my attention and a member has took the time to offer help and express their opinion of our club I say we are doing something right.

I am not going to name the member as it’s not my place.
If any of you out there want to help or have any expertise or even have ideas which would benefit the club please feel free to PM me.

Steve

14 Likes

Knowing your attention to detail Steve, I look forward to seeing the engine cover plate when you’re happy with it.
Also, you are the right person to whom such great comments about our Club should be directed to. Well done fella! And it gives me great pleasure to post this :slightly_smiling_face:

Mike

6 Likes

Thank you Mike.
This club is where other club can only dream.
We didn’t follow the Facebook route like many other clubs, also having a committee working their socks off and of course members helping where possible.

Steve

6 Likes

Hi Stevie
Thank you for your kind words. I meant everything I said. I am very appreciative of the club and all the committee does for the members.

I only felt that I should give something back.

I have a question for all the other members out there: Stevie could really do with some help regarding CAD/DFX files. Is there any member who is familiar with this type of software who would be willing to help Stevie and ultimately save the club some money? If so could they please contact Stevie and offer some help?

We will all benefit in the long term

Stevie - thanks again to you, Tracie, the committee and all the members who really do make the club something very special

Many thanks

Matthew

9 Likes