GTO Noob

I see this is a car from London - where are you based? FYI as a club we do quite a few meets throughout the year - of course at the moment COVID makes this difficult - but usually we are very active and keen to see people at meets etc…

James

I am in north London, totally understandable with the way things are right now. I am eager to come to one of the meets just let me know where and when and i am there :grin:

Nice car I saw it for sale, they do look good in black but I’d be biased. Your not a million miles from me

Hey guys, i been getting unusual heat spiking in the GTO, is heating a common problem with this ? any advice would be great thanks.

First thing I would look at is the level of water in the engine, cap by cam cover and the level of the water in the expansion tank. If they are ok I would then try the thermostat, easy job to do. See how that goes.

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks Terry, i’ll have a look at the water levels. I was thinking the thermostat might be getting stuck as well i’ll check it out.

1 Like

Sorry for the late one! Welcome to the club mate :+1: looks a stunner in black…

Welcome to the club buddy. Remember seeing this car up for sale as well as a red one from the dealer which I was very interested in but unfortunately got sold. The red one developed a gearbox issues a few weeks after it got sold and now this don’t really full me with confidence buying a car from the dealer. But fortunately I found the one and should be with me next Friday :grinning::grinning:. I will be subscribing to make it official on the day to would be silly not to.

2 Likes