Gto piston

Hi everyone im looking for a or a set of pistons for a 1993 gto non turbo any help will be appreciated very much. Thanks guys

What size Pistons do you want ?

I just got a guy 3pistons from Japan and they were £62 inc vat

Not easy to obtain even from Mitsubishi

Cheers Rob

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, i just want a standard piston i think they are 91mm. It says 72N on the top of it.
Thanks

Hi welcome to the club @brett_bulgaria
Tell us about about yourself and your NA :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to GTOUK :+1:

1 Like

Hi thanks for the warm welcome, i bought this car as i have always wanted one and 2 days after i bought it, it dropped a valve hence why im looking for a piston
I have been thinking and itmight just be better for me to find another engine and put it straight in

2 Likes

Hi and welcome .

What’s the overal damage to your engine ? I would say picking up an n/a engine shouldn’t be too difficult , though possibly pick up a whole car then use and sell the rest

Regards

Craig :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi welcome along, agree with Craig really you will cover the costs of the engine from selling other parts.

1 Like

Hi
It needs the piston, 2 valves, the head skimming and stem seals as it was smoking before it hapened and struggled starting as there was oil in the pots. The only trouble with buying a full car is i have nowhere to store it as i live in Bulgaria and i will be driving the gto over there.

2 Likes

In which case @CDMH is wrong disagree lol

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: yeah Bulgaria does make it slightly more awkward

2 Likes

Yep it definitely does lol

1 Like

Must pay more attention to people’s forum name’s lol 10 strikes of the cane :joy:

3 Likes

Cant be many in Bulgaria? Must be a rare sight

Might have been a fan of the Wombles though :wink:

2 Likes

Ihave only ever seen 1 in bulgaria

What is involved in putting a tt engine into the non turbo version, what parts would i need

From what people have said on here there is quite a bit involved. The ECU is different and wiring and stuff. What I have read is the drivetrain is also a lot different, but, in the case of science don’t quote me. There are more qualified people on here who can give a definitive answer.

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Brett
Maybe this can help, l have a set of std size forged je pistons that l had custom nade for my supercharged car, 10.1 c r.
The reason l replaced them was thst two picked up on the skirts, would go back into an engine but could be a bit noisy, four pistons measured up fine.
I also have a brand new set of std size tital seal rings, box unopened.
Could they help you at all, let me know what you think.
Good luck with the car and welcome to the club.
Jerry

1 Like

Total Seal rings not tital!