Hello everyone, new member and first time owner

Hello everyone new member from Aberdeen in scotland. Bought a very nice non turbo model. Can I ask 1 question did the naturally aspirated models come with awd and aws ? Its a manel 1994 model ?

3 Likes

Hi there.
Welcome to the club. Yes the na did come with awd, all jap market imports have it and there are two chassis codes, Z16a with rws, Z15a non rws. You will see your chassis no on the bulkhead by the wiper motor.
Good luck with your car.

Thanks mate that’s brilliant always wanted one collect it the 5th January after my trip offshore and it’s advertised as aws and awd but you know what sellers are like thanks for the knowhow and also do you know whatbthe stock internals on these non turbo blocks can reach safely ? They are different compression ratings from the th model aren’t they.

regards
Marty.

Hi Marty Welcome to GTOUK nice looking car, not sure about Your second question but we have lots of knowledgeable members that can answer this and more also plenty of technical info and data in the forum . Few of us up here in Scotland too ! Cheers
new%20map

1 Like

Thanks lads hope you all had a great Christmas by the way I am just finished work offshore so will flick through the page now more than likely the topic has been covered is there much meets with the group’s etc ? Would be great to meet some lads and see there motors also learn a bit more about them.

regards
Marty.

1 Like

Couple of events coming up at Knockhill Events to look at for 2019 and BVAC at Lauder https://bvac.org.uk/p/bvac-classic for 2019 Also we’ll try to have a couple of get together GTO members meets up here!

1 Like

Hi and welcome to GTOUK
We are working on next year’s events list at the moment.
There is a list of possibilities, Spiros has added the link.
A couple have been arranged already. You can find them in future events.
Jensen

Thanks lads, this sounds good will keep a look out for meets. Few more of the car since gettin it home.

8 Likes

Nice rims Martin :+1:

Thanks man what’s the opinions on colour was gonna do them all gloss black with a silver glisten to them or is every one diggin the anthracite?

As i have said else where in this forum its a fools errand to try to tune a NON turbo car

Its far far cheaper to just buy a Twin Turbo than to mod a NON turbo car to even nearly standard Twin Turbo power

There are dozens of major differences between them both.

Leave the wheels as they are and lose the black sticker, then you will have a classy looking car :+1:

Yeah the stickers are coming off just work away so havnt had the time there is also a daft stickers on the rear window all seems to be Harley Quinn the previous owner was obviously obsessed haha and my thoughts were just to do a full stainless exhaust, uprated lifter (purely because mind as starting to get noisy) and an induction kit, I think your right anything else engine power wise will.be a waste of money gonna concentrate on making the car look nice.

Agree with Rob leave the wheels !

My GTO is in the body shop in April I am going for Graphite but keeping the outer rim silver but my car is black, must admit that silver car with silver wheels does look cool.

I am up in Lossiemouth, and also new to GTO ownership, also offshore. Looks like this is a great forum for any advice.

1 Like

Thanks lads on a separate note. Headlight side light and you light bulbs is it as it says in the pictures for the gto also ?

Full membership is only a tenner at the moment, technical help and guidance all there :+1:
Sorry newbie posts are exactly that guys.

Dave

Sorry my bad

There we go thanks to everyone giving me illegal advice but am legit now :joy:

3 Likes

Should be the same Martin but I’ve not tried them my self , some sites don’t list GTO they list only 3000GT. Cheers