Hi about to buy my first GTO

About to buy my first GTO, had a quick look through the buyers guide but any other advice on what to look out for? Thanks.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club.
Check for rust, then check again :rofl:

2 Likes

Welcome to GTOUK :sunglasses:

Do you have any in mind ? You could always post them up and we can give you a quick overview .

The buyers guide while comprehensive still leaves a bit of room for extra checks ,as @jensen360 said check for rust , one of the best tools I’ve found lately is the mot check on line , while it doesn’t show if someone has been using a Hooky mot centre it will give an overview of chronic rust issues or being ran on a budget

Al the best in your search

Craig :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

As Craig said mot history checker is your friend here if you have a car in mind.
Honestly rust is a issue on these cars.
If you have one in mind post a pic and we might know the car.
Jensen

1 Like

Welcome to the club.
Jerry

1 Like

Welcome to gtouk Jordan :wink:

1 Like

Welcome aboard Jordan, be good to see what you get, good luck :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Hi mate , double check the gearbox including reverse, good long test run using all the gears as much as you can. If they feel overly tight or sticky don’t pay to much for the car as a rebuild is very expensive. Hope all goes well.

2 Likes

Welcome along Jordan, put some pics up if and when you get it :+1:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

welcome to the club :slight_smile:
just dont rush into it or over pay there a few online that want silly money :confused:
like some have said you can link it might be known to a member and have a look through the car ads on here not looked for some time but might be one on there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah the car I’m looking at is a bit of a project.

MOT history shows 77000 miles, with conversion of kilometres puts total at 52000 miles a few issues and lots I’m gonna need help with and will be looking for parts.
Any members near Bedfordshire.

First question active aero rear wing doesn’t go up and down. Seller also said Ecs suspension issues.
Any ideas guys?

2 Likes

There’s one of our committee members down that way , think it’s sneezy , hold on , doc , nope grumpy :thinking:I know it’s one of the 7 , oh hold on it’s @jensen360

7 Likes

Have you driven one? Height for some drivers can be an issue.
Looks a good project if it’s cheap, hope your not paying too much if it requires work?

Some say you can get one for around £1500 :thinking:

Dave

2 Likes

Don’t worry about them 2.
Personal jokes :rofl:
I’m in Bedford.
Happy to help out where I can.
We have full membership for £20.
Loads of technical info is then opened up, meets and loads more.

1 Like

Will look at it but to be honest I’m quite young so need to watch the ££££.
Will see how helpful the site is before committing my beer tokens :rofl:

2 Likes

:astonished: you mentioned the money hunny :thinking::rofl:

2 Likes

Here we go again :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m in bury st edmunds, an hour away but I have a silver mk1 that not in best of conditions, if you want to look round have a seat and that. Seem around the same year as mine with fold in mirrors.

And if I’m correct, im sure other will correct me if not. That year it should be a mk2 seat up in a mk1, so bigger brakes, make engine and that.

But looks good and hope the buy goes well

4 Likes

Will be the best £20 you spend honestly.
The info on the site and members on hand to help will save your beer money in the long run.

1 Like

Have a look into membership as Jensen has mentioned it first and not me (phew!)

£20 gets you all the tech help you need and you can continue to post and ask for help… otherwise newbie post’s are just for introducing yourselves :+1:

1 Like