Hi about to buy my first GTO

Got a few years before we need to worry about the other kids thank god :rofl:
Fto worked for me as I like them, and lil thought it was all for her :grin:
Jordan pushed for his own gto and I must admit I wasn’t sold on it at first as I know the costs involved, but he will fund most of it.
And on the plus side I can pinch any good bits from his for mine :rofl: :shushing_face::shushing_face:

3 Likes

My project is to hand over to my daughter when she’s old enough (6 years yet) just being around these cars makes people want them :sunglasses:

Also I say project it’s almost finished now :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Started out with the same sort of idea.
Wanted Jordan to enjoy the car as well.
But soon realised we wanted different things for the car.
It’s a great feeling when they want to get involved with something you have a passion for.

6 Likes

Just picked up my gto the other day, after a long journey up to Newcastle and doing some troubleshooting we ended up picking up a different car than we initially intended lol but I happily ended up leaving with a nice MK3 SR.

Will be becoming a full member soon just been busy with work but I’m looking forward to joining up and starting a project thread and getting to know other members of the club, already a big thank you to Jerry for having me and the anal committee member over as guests and putting up with us lol.

8 Likes

That’s not the one you were supposed to have Jordan !!! Better option for you though being non turbo I reckon

4 Likes

Not applicable :rofl: @jensen360 :laughing:

Congratulations Jordan better than my cherry :astonished: I had at 17

4 Likes

Yeah would have been nice to have the TT but I guess it just means I’ll have to pick one up soon :joy:

3 Likes

N/a is still a quick car for a new driver , tt might have been too much of a handful tbh , cut your teeth on the sr

3 Likes

You can drop a turbo straight in that… your dad will do it for you… apparently it’s all interchangeable :thinking::rofl:

5 Likes

He’s never driven before :rofl::rofl:
Tell a lie he drove the fto 30ft in a straight line last week :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Should have got an auto… imagine when he takes his test and can’t find second :rofl:

Crunchy bars all round then :rofl:

4 Likes

Gearbox is spot on tbh.
No slop and feels great.
No crunchies for him.
Even the air con is ice cold.
Has got a little issue but he needs to buy his full membership to get any help with that :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks, I’m honestly just looking forward to showing it off to people my age who are totally unfamiliar to the gto/3000gt and hopefully give these cars a bit more of the recognition they deserve.

5 Likes

Lol can’t you help or is that more than £20 :rofl:

Jordan your allowed 1 free question I think before we abuse you :rofl:

5 Likes

plugs,leads,gaskets for starters. £££.
Got new ones in the shed ready for Sulley.
If he wants to own one he needs to learn to fix it. (And me :exploding_head:)
Will use my parts then he can replace them.
If he pays his £20 :rofl:

6 Likes