Hi guys back from a long break away , the pandemic and moving home over last 3 years put the GT on the back burner

Well the GT has finally been moved to North Wales. Working over the winter to get the car back on the road.
Currently working on the underside suspension and associated running gear powder coating most parts.
Cambelt water pump change next job.
And a bit tuning work as I have many goodies to add on that I purchased years ago.
I will be asking for advice and pointers on the way.
The engine runs really quiet and sweet as dose the gear box. Currently on 69k 1996 km2 GT uk model.

Hopefully have this ready for spring 2023.

14 Likes

Ok car is ready after some extensive refurbishment on the underside and running gear. MOT monday some paint work repaires ghis week then ready for this march NEC show

8 Likes

Great work! I bet you can’t wait to enjoy it again.

1 Like

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

Now I’m really depressed.
That is seriously good work matey, well done.
I look forward to seeing it in the flesh on Friday 24th.

Mike

1 Like

So GT passed MOT no issues, took car down to get some paint work refreshed, they were short staffed due to Covid. So I’ve thought it best to get the car painted after the NEC show . Mid April its booked in for then. Any how the car still look very presentable i guess a restoration show is Ideal as 80% of the work is now completed just needs the final treatment then i be happy.

Looking forward the the restoration show and meet up with you guys. Just a final question will tickets be sent out etc Leon

6 Likes

Hi Leon,

You should have received your car display pass by email today. Regarding daily entry passes this will be organised on the days etc… so nothing to worry about.

James

1 Like

Thanks James I will print it off tomorrow…
My Mum is also coming down Thursday so she can get me back to Stoke in the evening. Will i have a parking pass for her car Thursday :red_car:

Should do so nothing to worry about :+1:

1 Like

Sound see you Thursday.

Hi James, I just checked my emails. Nothing so far tickets wise. [email protected]
I have been receiving emails via the club portal.

Hang on there James, the ticket was sent to my Spam mail

1 Like

Your car looks amazing :heart_eyes:
Mine is a 96 too,
Mine needs a little tlc underneath looking at your wonderful example and i need a little advice around fogging on headlights too :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, Lara, Leon’s car is quite something. He showed it, alongside 2 other beauties, at the NEC earlier this year.
We have some wonderful owners’ cars in this Club right now.

Mike

2 Likes

I looked out for GTO stand at Classic & Restoration in Nov, but helpful chaps on FTO stand said we hadn’t turned up

Definitely one amazingly club
Super proud to be part of it :heart:

1 Like

Yeah we generally only do the March one as it is quite a lot to organise and also an expensive 3/4 days for members to take their cars and Hotels etc…

2 Likes

Completely understand, November’s a testing time financially and time wise.

Hi Lara , as for the underside a lot depend on your car usage, I myself try not drive in winter or bad wet weather, it not that the underside of mine is not protected it is the keeping tidy clean :joy:
away if your looking to protect and clean any corrosion that may be there. best bet carefully get the brush whizzer out to rid the flaky bits, once this is done paint on a rust neutraliser couple of times this normally turns a black colour. then once dry paint with your desired colour. But if it a full on job to the underside of the chassis you need then the removal of the rear sub frame is a must to access all the hard to get a areas. Mine tool me 2 months to complete after work and weekends and was to be fare a enduring task, but well happy with the result and finish. the issue is as you start to strip things away the cost builds up for new shiny parts to :wink:. As for the front lenses i find soap water and a very soft bendy brush does the job. strip the Lamp fully first.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments