Hi newbie

These chips will de limit the car if placed before signal gets to ecu.
If after ecu but before clocks just speed is converted.
After ecu will also keep speed sensitive things like active aero working at correct time I believe.
Jensen

All the active aero has been removed I think, it’s running an aftermarket bodykit. Thanks for the advice on the speedo I will have a look at it over the weekend.

1 Like

Had a look at the speedo, there doesn’t appear to be a converter unit but it’s clear wires have been cut. The downside of second hand cars. It is now running a bit better after checking my battery and discovered the terminals were very very loose, both positive and negative. She still feels very sluggish compared to my Camry powered celica and the engine light is on. I’ve had her checked for an mot so I know what needed doing, main thing is two bits of welding, then needs a steering gaiter, two anti roll bar bushes and then should be good. She has been decatted already too, he ran the emissions test too and said she was running quite clean. Also going to need some interior pieces for where the stereo goes.image

1 Like

Just done a car check might explain why it’s so sluggish :joy:

1 Like

As a na it should be 225. Also adding a tt inlet increases the power /torque

Remember that car. Failed the mot cause of rust, apparently chassis rust. Got quoted over 2K to fix it, hope you know a guy.

1 Like

It’s nowhere near 2k worth of rust at all I’m doing the welding myself anyway, but garage quoted me £500 if they did it I’ve had it checked by an mot tester.

Did you own it or is that what the previous owner was quoted?

Yeah that bhp figure explains it.

Just what the previous owner mentioned, maybe she got a dodgy quote.

Yeah I know Lucy anyway, I think who ever quoted her saw a girl and took advantage of her, the car is nowhere near as bad as she told me it was, I’m fortunate enough to have some mechanical knowledge, electrics on the other hand scare the crap out of me, things like getting the speedo working, in a way I feel a bit out of order I’ve got an ok car out of it.

Hallo, pleas ,
I need coctact from “■■■■” @■■■■ j o e 4
For repair clima control display
Do you helep me pleas?

Very, very Thanks
Pavel M. Czech Republic

He doesn’t use this forum anymore , contact @GSXRKID he knows a chap who can do this, better off using someone reputable and in house

3 Likes