How many GTO's/3000GTs are left in the UK

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question - on FB someone was saying there are only 100 Twin Turbos left one the road in the UK. It feels like far more. What are your thoughts?

Mike

we have 250 paid up members, so guess it more than a 100

Simon

1 Like

I can account for one and a half of the sorned ones :joy:

1 Like

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/mitsubishi_3000_gt

though I think this don’t include imports

1 Like

I would have thought a lot more than that in the UK.
Wonder if the number is higher for the N/a cars.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if theres around 100 3000gt’s on the road since alot of them are sorn or rotted away , cant imagine it being around that for GTO’s even TT models think theres still a fair few of them knocking around

1 Like

They were quoting the howmanyleft site too but I reckon its double with the GTOs.
@enda even in Ireland they are there with 5 I think for sale now.

More common than you would think I’d say but a lot are SORN.

1 Like

Each name (model description) on the site had its own count. So you’ll need to count them all to get a true representation of what is left as a total of import and UK spec cars.

The UK spec Mk2’s have this model description on the log book as they were all registered as official imports through the Colt Car Company. “Mitsubishi 3000 GT 4WD 4WS”

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/mitsubishi_3000_gt_4wd_4ws#!tax

You’ll find this on the v5 log book, some importers didn’t know what to add or didn’t care so thats why there are a variety of “model’s” on the how many left website. What it won’t tell you is the type, be it a TT or Na, but this can be reduced down by eliminating auto’s (Non were TT)

Paul

3 Likes

1 Like

Well my UK 3000GT is one of the many SORN - least it’s not rotted to hell :slight_smile:

Paul

4 Likes

273 according to this, probably not accurate.

1 Like

mines still rolling too - had a good drive in the sun yesterday

Not in scotland are you by any chance? :laughing: