I honestly thought I'd never get to make this post

[quote]

This is getting more expensive by the minute! :D[/quote]

Lol it won’t stop there either!!!

Cheers for the info Dodgemonkey, I’m going to get the belt looked at by someone who knows what they’re doing next week (not taking chances with the belt tbh), but before that I’m not planning on doing any driving in it just in case that squeal does end up causing further complications.

And yeah, that does sound like a much more tasteful solution for the foglight than having it just hanging off the bumper (especially as mine doesn’t even work).

I still have the exhaust on my to-do list but I think I’ll replace it with another (nicer) single bore exhaust to be honest, because after much deliberation I do prefer the look of it anyway. Are those blanking kits still available does anyone know?

And Butler, yeah, I didn’t go into this expecting it to be cheap thankfully! :slight_smile:

I’ve heard some good things about MIJ Performance exhausts. They are quite a distance away from you but they did quote me £350 for a quad exhaust (just the rear end) to Mitsi spec and they custom make them for you, they also give you three choices of sound, Quiet, Semi-sport and Sport.

You could hold out and see if anyone is breaking a car, I managed to luck out and grab a full stainless exhaust for £150.

They do show up every now and again.

Andy

Cheers, I’ll keep an eye out - the exhaust is a little way down the list of things to be done anyway so I’ll keep a look out in the meantime but I do like the idea of checking out MIJ. :slight_smile:

Hey! Welcome to the club! I’m a newbie too! :slight_smile: looks smart that car! Sounds like you’ve got a good one! Mines an MK1 too but black! :slight_smile: Hope to meet you soon at one of the meets!
Ali

Thanks. :smiley:

Looks like the rear fog light is working fine after all, not sure what I was doing wrong but I thought I’d try it again last night and it’s all fine so that’s good news. I also found that there’s a rolling road about five minutes from my house…but of course they only do 2WD cars! D’oh.

Does anyone know if I can pay for club membership by any means other than cheque or Paypal by the way?

Welcome along buddy
Lovely looking car by the way :smiley:

No it’s the only way and don’t forget to fill out the form haha
A bit long winded but worth it in the end
Soooooo much info on here and very worth the money

Happy motoring buddy 8)

Little tip for the belt, its very easy to test under-tightness, grab one of the little edging rollers for pasting wallpaper trim.

You can hold the roller onto the belt while its running, push down and add a little tension, and if the squeak goes away with easy force, then you know it just needs a wee tighten. If it takes major force, get it checked out proper dependent on how long its been running loose.

WRT the blanking plate it would be as easy and a ton cheaper to grab a little bit of wire mesh, cut it to size, score round the exhaust cut-out edge about 5mm from the outer edge, and wedge it in. Then just use a paintbrush and a fibreglass kit to glass over the mesh, keep adding matting, take it a little proud, sand it back and smooth it over, and then prime/sand/aerosol it.

Would leave no ugly lines and the area is in that much shadow anyway it wouldn’t matter if you didn’t do it perfect, nobody would ever notice after a polish.

Welcome to the club

André

Cheers guys - and thanks Jeemy, great advice. The squeak only happens when it’s wet/has been raining so next time it rains I’ll give the paint roller a try!