Instrument cluster backlights suddenly went out

Hi All,

I’m not exactly new to this forum but this is my first post. I wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas why my instrument cluster backlights would just suddenly go out. I pulled her out for a run and the backlights just went off. Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

Hi @colin3

Welcome to GTOUK :+1:

By club rules the newbie section is for introducing yourself and your car. The forum has other sections for technical questions and also a number of how to guides etc…

Full membership is available here:

Cheers,

James

Apologies…

Well as per the rules …
I’m a long time fan of the GTO /3000GT and took the plunge on a purchase (NA unfortunately) of a lovely blue mark 2 example. It had quite a rust problem but I got that sorted out (it took ages) and now I’m ready to enjoy it and catch up with other enthusiasts.

1 Like

Hi Colin, and welcome to this incredible Club.
“NA unfortunately”…well I think you are doing yourself, or rather, your car down a little.
I have owned my NA for 17, coming on 18 years now, and during that time it has only had work done to it by someone else twice, (and some might say “and it shows” hehe), but in all honesty it’s been fantastic.
I have had the opportunity to swap her for a TT on a few occasions, but quite frankly the cars that took my interest were very shabby, and had all sorts of bodges done on them by their owners to make them go even quicker (but for a limited period)
There are however the most sublime TTs within our Club at the moment, and this trend has been ongoing for a few years now. Owners are digging deep to turn out some amazing showstoppers, and these include the very trustworthy NA. Is yours an auto or manual?
PS…inspect your fuse box, just forward of your right knee for any that may have blown.

Mike

Hi Collin

try the connector on the back of the dimmer on the lower dash panel and make sure its plugged in and there is no broken wires on it.

I definitely Sam doing it a disservice. Totally love the car and the way it drives. I am just enjoying the journey and will be getting it into a body shop soon to get the paint looking perfect.

Thanks for the welcome and for the tip re the cluster.

Thanks for that - will take a look