Insurance for n.i members

i was quoted insurance for £ 350-00- fully comp from a firm in armagh . this is a classic insurance so you have to have a car no later than 94 , with a 5000 mile limit . i didnt go for it in the end because i wanted more milage but ended up with insurance fully comp for £424-00 which isnt bad .
i have a FNC discount
hope this helps !!
gordy…

I went with AON in Dudley. Paid around £350 for a classic car policy, fully comp, with a limited mileage of 3k p.a. As I have a company car, I’ll be lucky if I manage 3k in my GTO. Only did about 1400 miles last year. They might do N.I. cars.

Hi Gordy,

A new N.I. member wha whoo :smiley: :smiley: , we’re very few and far between.

Insured with Quinn myself but that was because it was a daily driver at the time of taking out the policy, may look at reduced mileage polices etc for the next renewal.

Sam

They do a mate of mine had his supra insured with them.

Gordy what ? company did you get insured with?

I`m trying to find insurance but once you mention the car is modified very few want to know.

john

That’s strange as I was with them for 3 years with no claims in that time and was told they no longer did classic car policy’s … so had to go else where :?

Martyn

[quote]

They do a mate of mine had his supra insured with them.

Gordy what ? company did you get insured with?

I`m trying to find insurance but once you mention the car is modified very few want to know.

john[/quote]

Try greenlight as well John, they where another one of my options.

(All these N.I members suddenly appearing, excellent :smiley: )

hey there sam , dont mean to scare you mate - but quinn direct do not insure gto/3000 gt’s. :shock:
they had me insured 2 years ago and when i went to renew - before i sold up , they said somebody had skipped the reject screen manually ,and while i was technically covered i would 've been in big trouble if i’d ve tried to claim - cause they wouldnt do the evo either even though they’d took 2 years gto money off me.
i would phone them mate - better safe than sorry :wink:

[quote]hey there sam , dont mean to scare you mate - but quinn direct do not insure gto/3000 gt’s. :shock:
they had me insured 2 years ago and when i went to renew - before i sold up , they said somebody had skipped the reject screen manually ,and while i was technically covered i would 've been in big trouble if i’d ve tried to claim - cause they wouldnt do the evo either even though they’d took 2 years gto money off me.
i would phone them mate - better safe than sorry :wink:[/quote]

Cheers Shaun, yea there was a bit of confusion at the start, quoted me then when told them to transfer it they said they couldn’t. I give them the name etc of who quoted me then they came back to me and accepted the policy and transferred it over. No probs with renewing either, sent me out the renewal policy etc fine, all details correct.

At the end of the day I have a valid insurance certificate with all details correct on it, if something did happen there’s not really much they can do I’d like to think.

Who you with now by the way?

i know what your saying sam - i nearly went through the bloke on the phone when he told me that , and it was only sept. last year .
but theres a lot of horror stories about them too.
they sent me all the renewal docs out too , and i only found out when i went to transfer it to the evo - which they wouldnt touch.
direct line s who i’m with now - and it was twice the price of the gto for the same ins. group. if you find anywhere cheap let me know mate.
860 f/c at my advanced age is not good :smiley:

[quote]

That’s strange as I was with them for 3 years with no claims in that time and was told they no longer did classic car policy’s … so had to go else where :?

Martyn[/quote]

Just before renewing the insurance, I picked them up on the fact that the policy wasn’t showing any no claims bonus. They replied that it was a classic car policy and therefore wouldn’t show. It means that I have to insure something in just under 9 months time otherwise I’ll lose the NCB that I’ve built up.

Re: mods - I told them about my mods - induction kit, exhaust, wheels etc and they weren’t bothered.

[quote]i know what your saying sam - i nearly went through the bloke on the phone when he told me that , and it was only sept. last year .
but theres a lot of horror stories about them too.
they sent me all the renewal docs out too , and i only found out when i went to transfer it to the evo - which they wouldnt touch.
direct line s who i’m with now - and it was twice the price of the gto for the same ins. group. if you find anywhere cheap let me know mate.
860 f/c at my advanced age is not good :D[/quote]

Will keep it in mind Shaun, have to give them a buzz actually to keep things all above board with the new wheels going on.

Greenlight was another one I looked at when first looking to ensure the 3000GT if Quinn where going to cop out, think it was pretty reasonable. A touch more than your 860 but then again I was at the time <25 and 4 years NCB (needed to change 1 month odd before the end of my policy and about a month as well before I turned the magical insurance figure of 25) so would have lost 1 years NCB pretty much if Quinn wouldn’t take it on.

Always here different stories about Quinn, don’t insure imports is the usual one yet brother’s insured his Skyline with them (group 20 also and bound to be a higher risk than a 3000GT what with it being an import, popularity and tail happyness)

Hi just joined today

got insurance classic 3000 miles limit with compamy in londonderry

249 quid all in thats for gto non turbo

im old man 40 full no claims etc lol