Insurance things...what to do?!

My insurance is up for renewal…95 n/a for £383 with a no claims, pay by direct debit, limited to 5000miles.
I have another gto I was going to swap with that’s modified and a turbo…got a quote before, and it was only 25 quid extra.
Now do I renew then swap? Or do I go somewhere else on the new car, and get temporary insurance on the old while I’m selling it?
Any good classic insurance companies that keep the no claims?

I can’t really afford two separate policy’s, and I don’t want to really pay an outright amount for the year as I’m paying loads moving house right now!

Some will add cars to the policy.
I had a policy for my n/a and they added my tt for £10. Could have up to 4 at £10 per extra car.

1 Like

Have you tried us for insurance at all? If you wanted to PM me I’d be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Dan

I’ve PM’d you!

Last time I got a quote off you lot it was nearly 3x as much as the cheapest :joy::joy:

1 Like

What company are you using?

I’m with footman James but some members have said that recently they have stopped quoting on our cars. Give them a ring. If not some other classic insurers may do same kind of thing. Also @DavePerky has recently set insurance up for the club with an insurer that may do something with multi cars.
Jensen

1 Like

Got renewal from them Jenson… . But still going to check out new lot

2 Likes

I’m 37 and sky want £600, Adrian flux want £645 for a modded tt…

Really need an insurance company that allow a no claims bonus and not be silly money…

Maybe they are only insuring the best drivers now days @Colin_GTO. :wink:

2 Likes

Im still with Footman James

1 Like

They will probably honor existing customers, but no luck for new ones. I’m struggling to find anything below 600 quid a year now!

just renewed mine with RH £254 .10 (5000) miles + £10.00 for legal cover

2 Likes

I would definitely have gone with RH, but you need another car already on your name…Unfortunately the gto is my only car!

That’s very strange I’ve just insured with them no problem , are you trying to insure it on a classic policy or a general policy ? Mine is limited to 5k miles acrues no ncd ,

For my old tuned motor A plan where unbeatable for me as @3000gt recommended in the other thread

Craig :grinning:

1 Like

Well that’s what they asked me for, but I only have the one car! I need to therefore also have a normal policy, or one of the few classic ones that allow ncb to be earnt…which classicline do.
The classic policy’s all seem to want other car access, and some want to know if you’ve had experience with powerful beasts before. Rather annoying!

1 Like

The truth Is, it is more powerful than I’m used too, but I know I’m a responsible guy. I could have lied, but I just said the truth… Kinda ruined it for myself there…

1 Like