Insuring on chassis number

Which companies will insure on the chassis number for SVA etc, just phoned Frizzels and they won’t do it on a second hand car…

Any ideas guys?

Try Adrian flux theres details in the insurance section because they insure kit cars so i reckon you will stand a good chance of being able to dit with them.

Russ

all insurance companies will do it if they do imports, its just the dafty on the other end of the phone’s obviously never heard of it,

just tell whoever your speaking to to ask their superviser,

you get 14/21 days to register the car, or the insurance will be void.

Richie

[quote]Which companies will insure on the chassis number for SVA etc, just phoned Frizzels and they won’t do it on a second hand car…

Any ideas guys?[/quote]

Hi
try Gascar on 01322226060 they used to sell insurance for Jap import cars by Chasi no, £80 for a month

Sam

Hi

Just got a quote from Adrian Flux and they told me they can insure the chasi number of ther car, providing you get it registered within 30days of the insurance starting.

They quoted me £1250 Fully Comp.

Adnan.

Cheers guys. I’ll give those a try.

Norwich Union will do it as they insured mine
Good luck Phil

They have to insure it on the chassis number…it is illegal if they refuse insurance on them grounds alone.
They have to restrict the duration of insurance to 16 days…but this can be extended reluctantly.
I know…i had mine like this for 6 weeks while it was been registered.
Marty

They insured mine for 6 months !!! with just the chassis number
(Norwich Union)
And to top that rang them today to complain that London Victoria ins co renewl 75 pounds cheeper so will move to them .
Within 10 minutes they matched the same 477 pounds full comp !
regards Phil

Flux did it for me when i imported it.

Aahh dirty dirty necro… Sorry.