Inverter Generator

I am looking into purchasing a Generator to make life easier at Events for myself :blush:

Looking for around 2000KW, anyone selling one or any model people would recommend or steer clear of

Simon

I reckon 2mw might be overkill :wink:

I had a 3kw inverter on my boat but bear in mind this ran on 4 deep cycle 120 amp hour each keisure batteries. Its too much to ask from a car battery/alternator.

Maybe a quiet generator might work better.

Just seen you said generator… Sorry.

1 Like

it depends what you plan on running off it 2kva generator would just about manage to run a standard kettle, stephill generators are a good make we use them in all our welfare units pretty reliable even under construction site abuse

mark

1 Like

I’m assuming Simon this is to replace the two for JAE?

Basic requirements are to run

2x urn
2 X fridges
1x microwave
2x strings of 15 bulbs lights
1x dj set up , decks,lights and speakers

Nope this is personal Steve, the other i know needs around 7/8 kw

Simon

Oh my bad!

Steven Butler

1 Like

This Generator needs to power an air compressor for a double air bed, electric blanket and a phone charger. possibly a snack fridge?

Paul

1 Like

don’t forget his blow up doll :joy:

2 Likes

Now I’ve realised your cunning plan Si, I think we need one of these too :wink:

So I’m on the mission, my first port of call will be researching on camping forums, where the hardened campers will have tried and tested them.

Will report back with any findings.

Tracie

1 Like

these are mine so far

Honda - EU20i - 2.0kW Portable Generator
SGS SPI2200
Yamaha EF2000is

Every 10 DB is double the noise, 50 DB- 60 DB is double

Simon

1 Like

Ouch…£…1 & 3 :joy:

So as I’m only a little blonde female, could you confirm I’ve got this right please Si.

It’s petrol generated, so doesn’t need to be hooked up to the car battery, which I thought it would, it’s quiet, and you run it outside your tent for 13 amp plugs, phone chargers etc. and we could inflate our tent and airbed with it ?

Sounds a good idea as the cars are not parked next to our tents at JAE after set up.

Tracie