Japfest 2010

I 2nd the above. I was very unimpressed with the positioning, especially as the plot we’ve had before stayed vacant for the day as the 200sx club didn’t bother to use it. Simon, is there a way we can contact the organisers and ensure this doesn’t happen next year?

Hi Allen, Cheers for looking after my chair!

Yeah my session was a bit late going out as the previous session was red flagged due to a crash. My brakes weren’t great, but they did improve as I went along - think I’m going to get the piston seal repair kit and hopefully that’ll sort it out.

I plan to go to JAE so we could do a chair exchange then :slight_smile:

Russ… Japfest II sounds good and Rockingham isn’t too far from me. Might have another go round the track and maybe this time give it some more wellie :twisted:

Just received a reply from Castle Coombe.

I will probably give it a miss TBH. :oops:

HI Dion

Sorry but we do not hire track just for a few hours and please find below details on exclusive track hire:-

All cars using the track must be road going and silenced to 100 dba. We run a static test measured at 0.5 metres at 3/4 max revs.
Track use is from 9am-5pm with a break for lunch. All cars will be tested before being allowed out on track.

Track is 1.85 miles long but if you would like to see a map then this can be downloaded from our website as below under the link
to the Castle Combe Circuit map on homepage.

Costs are as follows:-

‘3’ Car Day - This will allow you to have no more than ‘3’ cars on track at any one time - £3,800 + VAT
‘4’ Car Day - This will allow you to have no more than ‘4’ cars on track at any one time - £4,600 + VAT
‘6’ Car Day - Again no more than ‘6’ on track at any one time - £5,700 + VAT
‘12’ Car Day - This is max no of cars allowed on track at any one time - £6,700+ VAT

Although the above prices are what we call “book” prices but we can be flexible on the costs so if could let us know roughly how you would like to run the day and possible number of cars to expect we can then perhaps look at the costs for you.

All prices include all necessary staff ie marshals, paramedic, rescue vehicle and a track manager. Catering is separate but the Tavern will be open early in the morning for breakfasts, drinks, and for you to use for registration etc… If you require a set menu for the day or wish to discuss catering options then please contact Jacqui Brenton at Tavern Events on 07887 775161 or [email protected]

Another alternative to track hire is our own car track days where you can just book individual places at a cost of £170 per driver, extra drivers are £25 each - All cars must be road going and again full driving licences - on the day we will place you in a group of up to ‘20’ cars in each group and then each group will be out on track for 15 mins sessions so you should be out every hour but really it depends on number of cars booked for the day but '20 would be max but sometimes we only have ‘12’ in each group. All this info is on our website under the link for ‘trackdays’ so please take a look if you want more info but if you are interested and are looking to possibly book 10 plus places then please contact me colleague [email protected] who looks after these days and whom I’m sure can enquire if we could do a deal if you block book some places. We also have our own ARDS Instructors present on the day and they will carry out sighting laps, briefings and also be available If you require some one to one tuition.

Hope this info helps but if you have any other questions or would like some available dates then please contact me again.

Sorry we didn’t make it. Got up at Sparrow call on Sat morning for the journey down, to find a screwdriver sticking out the side wall of the front nearside tyre.

Nothing I can say except - why cant we bring back hanging?

I wouldn’t have minded but the tyres all have massive amounts of tread left on them (Avon ZZ3) but you cant repair a side wall puncture.

Rang several garages Sat to be told that these tyres are on a back order from Avon. As I can’t afford to replace all four - I’ll just have to wait …