Japfest 2010

Another really good japfest 8)

again ive come home with match head syndrome :lol: one day i will take suntan cream to an event .

Good to catch up with you all again and well done to the guys who braved the track , Russ who is an old hand on there now and Dan silverfox and Ivan Gtois4life… hopefully youve found a new excuse for your light rear end :wink: :lol:

Cheers guys

Craig 8)

My and nephew James’s heads are burned as anything. It was a perfect day weather wise. Suffering tonight mind.

So nice to see everyone today, it really was. Just got to add a couple of bits:

Thank you for the fridge full of Yogs Paul :wink:

Where was Louis today :?: Seen his car. Waited for I don’t know how long to greet him. No one else seems to have clamped eyes on him and when we returned to our car, he had gone. :shock: Sorry we missed you.

Well done Dan for taking that amazing looking GT out on the track. (it did look really good) Sounded like you enjoyed the experience. I would love to do that. Would have if it was a 1st time beginners class for everyone, but too nervous to go out on a limb and just do it with all the pros. Was nice to chat to you again.

As above. Can’t write everything about everyone that was there, but it was a really great to see you all and a really great day again.

Dee.

Just thinking as above… Do Castle Coombe hire out the track for a day to one beginers club or group of people :?:

Sure a lot of people would have a go. I certainly would, or is it something that I am asking someone to look into when I should actually ask and sort myself instead of sitting here asking for some one else to sort for me? If you understand that.

I thought not . :roll:

Best I go look into it then eh?

Dee

Might be worth a look dee only thing i dont like about castle coombe is the small run off areas .

Myself Boo and Paul walked the perimeter of the track and it doesnt look a good place if you get it wrong

As i say though might be worth a look if it could be gotten for a fair price

Craig :slight_smile:

I sit on my bum here clicking on events that are organised by members of the club and they are brilliant. We do try to attend what we can. Besides what ever the event is, it is always nice to meet up.

After talking to Dan today it made me realise how much I want to do this. Hell. I don’t want people sliding around me thru bends just because they know what they are doing. Just fancy a steady drive around getting used to it and gradually increasing my confidence without any pressure. I am sure that a lot of people on here would enjoy that.

Anyways. Have emailed Castle Coombe and am awaiting details. May sink like a brick, but at least I asked. Be worth going for a get together, BBQ and a few free yogurts!

Dee.

sounds like you all had a good time … sorry i wasnt there to share with you but something familywise cropped up minutes before i was about to leave for castle coombe … pissed off but family matters come first to my having a blast i the car … was hoping to make it but getting there at 3 pm and eeryone leaving around 3.30/ 4.pm ish wouldve been stooooopid … see you all soon anyway :lol:

What a fantastic day which just seemed to fly by.

Great to chat with you guys again if only briefly, going on the track and it’s organisation ate up a lot of the time I’d have prefered to spend chewing the fat.

Thank you very much Paul for the yoghurt. Major points scored with the Mrs who for a change didn’t grumble I’d been away all day but was delighted!

[quote]Another really good japfest 8)

Ivan Gtois4life… hopefully youve found a new excuse for your light rear end :wink: :lol:

Cheers guys

Craig 8)[/quote]

Ok no more excuses! the reason for the spin was immediately obvious to Russ and it was because I was braking mid corner.

The second time on the track was a revelation thanks to having Russ next to me. He quietly assessed my driving for the first couple of laps and once he realised I was completely devoid of talent started giving me pointers which transformed the feel of the car and allowed progress to improve dramatically! It was basic stuff which asked in the cold light of day most of us know but when you’re on the track for the first time I suppose the adrenalin’s going and it’s just brain out. I can’t begin to describe the difference in feel of the car but the first time out it felt like my left rear tyre was flat and the car was squirming all over the place (and eventually spinning). Staying off the brake kept more weight at the rear and the car started to feel really planted. The 4WD allowed me to floor the throttle a lot earlier on the exit and the car felt like a slingshot out of the bends. I was really pleased with the straightline performance and am glad I didn’t end up bending it through my ineptitude.

Dee, really really like the idea of some track time with a group of us and some sort of tuition too that would really make a difference. If Russ comes along that would be the instruction sorted!

Thanks again guys,Paul and Russ.

Ivan.

Hi guys where was gtouk parked up. I couldnt find you. I was on track at about 1.30 really enjoyed it and managed to show up alot of other cars including an evo, r33 skyline, rx7 and a subaru. :smiley: Very impressed with my car and cant wait to go out on track again and would recommend it to anyone.

Chris

We were right out of the way with the other exiled clubs. I worked out last year someone took a pic of my car once every minute. This year it was once every 10. Shouldn’t have bothered polishing it.

Didn’t notice you had Allen. :shock:

Dee. :wink:

excellent turnout again chaps, well done!!!

had a really good day, even managed to start to learn how to tune a car on a dyno!! what a hoot that is :slight_smile:

No probs for the yogs chaps, glad you enjoyed them!!

Paul

Even though I was too late joining to get my car on the stand, I did manage to find you guys and all the cars looked brilliant! Certainly gave me some ideas on what I want to do with mine!

The only downside about yesterday was sun burn (which is too be expected), and blasted puncture on the way home, and now finding out I was a numpty and didnt make sure I had the locking wheel nut remover. Annoying!

[quote]

Didn’t notice you had Allen. :shock:

Dee. :wink:[/quote]

Did it look that bad?!

great day out .nice to catch up with some of you guys

I had a great time, thanks to everyone who took part in organising it.
Next time though I think I’ll stay overnight the night before so I don’t have get up so early. The track time was awesome, although I was a little over cautious at first - mostly because a car from the previous session was brought back on a flatbed just before I was about to set off.

Does anyone know what happened to my camping chair? :slight_smile:

Sounds like an excellent day all round. When is the next Yogfest?

James

Dan

We left your chair with Allenps and his good lady , they obviously had to shoot off before you go back .

unless hes nicked it of course now that would be ironic :lol: :lol:

Looks like it may be jae before its seen again

[quote]I had a great time, thanks to everyone who took part in organising it.
Next time though I think I’ll stay overnight the night before so I don’t have get up so early. The track time was awesome, although I was a little over cautious at first - mostly because a car from the previous session was brought back on a flatbed just before I was about to set off.

Does anyone know what happened to my camping chair? :)[/quote]

Your chair is sat in my garage at present Dan. We went to Quarry to get some pics of you going round the track at 1600 but couldn’t see you, so guessed you must have opted out because of your dodgy brake. Went back to the car and waited a bit but you didn’t come back - it seems we should have waited around a bit longer as you were on the track after all. We thought it best to take the chair with us rather than leave it laying around for someone to nick. No doubt we’ll be going to JAE again so we can bring it there or arrange for it to get to you somehow before if you like?

Top man Allen 8)

thats whats good about this club , trustworthy members who will look after others stuff

hi,
well we all had a great day by the looks of it,
most of our heads getting sunburnt,
my day started off superbly by failing the soundtest,my fault because i was only here a few months ago and it passed the soundtest,but was a week day,and i forgot the japfest was 100db,
but thanks to ivan who bought my afternoon ticket off me ,then treated me to 450 bhp of pure gto muscle around the track,
which as most of us now know that turned out to be a big learning curve for his track experience,
i must admit it was quite hairy when ivan braked mid corner at about 80 mph,
but after 2-3 laps he had it sussed,we were then overtaking cars left right and centre.
i was also a bit suprised that last year we were parked in the thick of the action,to find that this year we were just chucked out the back somewhere as if the gtouk didnt matter anymore,nobody could find us,
very poor effort on someones part,we deserve something better,
7 years ive been going to the japfest with the club and that was the worst place yet,
sorry those are just my thoughts.ime not pointing the finger at anyone,
but a very special thanks to ivan,for making my day a lot more exciting…
cheers mate,
how about japfest 2 at rockingham…been there…looks good,
track looks good too,
anyway thanks guys for a great day out…
…russ