Japfest 2015

I hope everyone got back safe yesterday from Japfest. What a day! Glorious sunshine, great people, good laugh and my car made it round the track without too much of a hiccup. Although I really need to decide weather or not I go for a big brake kit in future track days.

Congrats to @Steven_Smith, @gavin_naish and the others how went out on track it was great to finally see some GTO’s stretching their legs on a track.

Great day all in all and I can’t wait for the next meet.

Andy

4 Likes

It was a great day and nice to see so many clean good examples of gtos. It was nice to see so many gtos on track made the day very eventful. Just also want to say again a massive thank you for all the help for the work on my car to help me get it ready on time. A bit of a push on the last day but it made it. :smile:

Nice to meet some new members and good to see all the regulars, sorry if I missed anyone on the day. Cant wait to the next meet now :smile:

Thanks to @Marty_K for all the new project ideas, some really interesting ones although I am not sure @samantha will be so happy losing a lot more weekends lol

Cheers,
Neil.

3 Likes

I only managed to get a couple of shots of the day, anyone with photos please get them posted:

2 Likes

A nice walk trough of the stand 4:30 onwards:

3 Likes

Seriously! I want to change my car of the month pictures.

Is that allowed? haha

1 Like

EDIT: Images moved to gallery on main site.

3 Likes

Hmmm!

Perfectly placed sign. haha

Sorry @Steven_Smith

5 Likes

LOL I hadn’t noticed that!!! nice spot andy!

2 Likes

Who was the guy who blew his engine ?

Julian

It was a fantastic day and all the cars looked great. From my wanderings I couldn’t see a better stand out there (but then I am biased). Shame I didn’t get to meet everyone but I will be along to another meet soon!

3 Likes

Even worse since Gavin’s up my arse!

Though at least there is some evidence that at one point he had enough power to keep up :wink:

On a separate note, @DeanMarkTaylor / @NAS, is there a way to upload these photos into an album? The page has quickly become VERY long, just wondered if there was out-of-the-box functionality to free up some page length.

2 Likes

I want to start moving images to the website with a write up via a link. Ill see what we can do.

Cheers,
Neil.

1 Like

There are some great image album add-ons for WordPress out there. I used one that created carousels a few years back and it looks very sleek.

1 Like

Here we go, first off thank to all my pm replies was very kind of you, but i have been severely reprimanded by those who must be obeyed for even having the nerve to even ask you all what i did.

So the decision had already been made to break the car well before my telling off so they were a little late with that one. car still drives well & i suppose it would not cost the earth to repair, but what with one thing and another i reached the end of GTO life & now need to move on with new projects.

Here is the car before we strapped all the bits back on at Japfest.

The list should be up by the weekend, so if you think you may need anything just pm or ring me, Roll cage, Blitz oil cap & front Strut brace are already spoken for.

Cheers Julian.

1 Like

@Julian you havent been reprimanded at all , @Gavin’s reply to you explained the situation .

As a club we cannot delete peoples posts who mention an accident just so you can claim off your insurance , sorry and all that but i personally wouldnt have gotten involved to have my own insurance declined for assisting in what is essentially insurance fraud .

Just putting this out there so the rest of the members can see so they understand the whole picture

Craig :smile:

hahahahaha, made me chuckle :joy:

Sorry couldnt help it @gavin_naish :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve edited this post because actually I’m disappointed in myself for getting defensive, agressive and taking things very personal.

As everyone knows me and Julian have had our personal issues and this is the wrong place for me to post them.

I do feel Julian has had a dig at the committee and hence the club, and has asked members unreasonable things. the reason I bit back was because actually I’m very proud of this club and what it’s become,
Everyone knows I feel this clubs family.

I don’t want this to detract from the awesome weekend we’ve just had.

It’s a shame what’s happened has happened. And genuinely feels its a sad way for Julian to cease being a member

3 Likes

Yet another good Japfest and good meeting up with friends and meeting new members to the GTOUK club show scene and hopefully many more. Here are a few pics https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206472746320360&set=pcb.10206472767000877&type=1

5 Likes

Some great pictures there @davet25. Thanks for the official invite too.

1 Like

Thanks Andy and your welcome