Japs at Thoresby Hall

Just to say a massive thank you to all that turned out on a murky day!

What a showing for the GTO. Two class wins in open class. Well done Pete and Julian.

There were plenty of cameras around so get your pics up please. Unfortunately i forgot mine :wink:

Thanks especially to Damon for the Gazebo, Julian for manning the bar b que and thanks to all of you for generally helping out and staying behind to help with the pack up.

Good to meet some new faces too.

Mike

Fantastic day and cheers Mike for organising it and the ticket :wink:

Really nice to meet you guys and ladies and some fantastic GTOā€™s :smiley: If I had some pics Iā€™d put them up but like Mike left my camera at home on the sofa on the way out :oops:

I didnā€™t realise we had such a good cook in the club, Julian :smiley: Iā€™ll let you know how I feel in the morning :rofl:

Canā€™t wait for the Christmas do now :smiley:

What a great meet this was, even with a little rain coming down.

A big thanks to Mike and Anna for organising this event as I know they put alot of time and effort into it. :slight_smile:

I would also like to thank Gordon Ramsey aka Julian for the expert cooking on the BBQ :lol:

Congratulations to ā€¦

Pete ( snoop doggy) for winning the best Mitsy Classā€¦

Julian for best 15 year and older car Classā€¦

great event guys

Steve and Tracy

:oops:
And well done to Julian and snoop doggy for winning two of the events :smiley:

Yes i agree good turn out & nice to meet some new faces, thanks to Mike & Anna for organising it, the only reason i agreed to cook was so as i could get first dibs on all the food :smiley: Dianes camera was low on battery life so we only took a few, Jerry i think has the bulk of the photo`s so we will have to wait for him to post em up,

Pete ( snoop doggy ) First place, best Mitsubishi in show.

Stevie`s rebuilt car

Mike ( Miller) car on show

last but not least, ( me ) First place, 15yrs & over Classic car

Julian.

great to see you there guys ,thanks mike for organisation ,well done to pete and julian for the wins , met some good folks from a new club japtorque stopping over saturday night

hope we meet again soon
cheers jerry

Regardless of the weather, a good day was had by all. Nice to meet up with gto members again. Many thanks to events organiser Mike who did a fab job and also to chief cook and bottle washer :? alias Julian (are you available to hire???)
A bit of recognition for the GTO UK with the 2 cars winning 2 seperate catogaries, well done Jullian. :smiley:
Look forward to the next meet,
Pete.

I wasnā€™t going to go to Japs this year, the GTOā€™s been off the road for a while with a few problems and I hate going to shows without a decent car, I had loads to do at home and even on the day, the weather looked rubbish. However, I decided to head over for an hour or two as it is literally 10 minutes drive from my house and it is the only show that Iā€™m likely to get to this year.

As we were wandering around the show, a voice called out from the GTO stand ā€œDo you want a burger?! - weā€™ve got plenty going spare!ā€ this was Julian (aka Gordon Ramsey) and this was before he even knew I was a club member! :smiley: Both myself and my girlfriend were made to feel very welcome, and it was really nice to meet some new faces (special thanks to Damon for the info on the re-trim 8) ).

Iā€™m so glad I went now, and it just reminded me that although Iā€™m not on the forums very often, its great to be a member of such a fantastic and welcoming club.

Dave

P.S. The GTO WILL be back on the road and at the shows next year :wink:

[quote]Yes i agree good turn out & nice to meet some new faces, thanks to Mike & Anna for organising it, the only reason i agreed to cook was so as i could get first dibs on all the food :smiley: Dianes camera was low on battery life so we only took a few, Jerry i think has the bulk of the photo`s so we will have to wait for him to post em up,

Pete ( snoop doggy ) First place, best Mitsubishi in show.

Stevie`s rebuilt car

Mike ( Miller) car on show

last but not least, ( me ) First place, 15yrs & over Classic car

Julian.[/quote]

well done guys!

you have been clocked on my brothers clio v6 forum too!! on of the guys on there is ex evo owner and goes to jap shows in his v6!! :roll:

paul

Good day to be had by all, especially our Alsation puppy ā€œmitsyā€ who hasnā€™t eaten so well in the five monts weā€™ve owned her :lol: