Jensen's help

I had trouble with the car 1 mile from home, when returning from the NEC. The check engine light along with the ABS and CAT light came on and the car started to splutter and bang. It would then settle down and occur again every time I seemed to hit a bump.

I have HHH data logger on my laptop so decided to look at the fault codes.
■■■■■■ hell, I have had the connection cables in my glove box for years but find they are missing.

Talking to Jensen on the phone I mentioned about the cable, he said I could borrow his. It turned up at my house before 9.30am the next day.

So did a fault code check and found there are none.

Logged the cars Fuel trims and O2 sensor.

Low Fuel Trim was struck at 110% never fluctuated or cycled.
Middle Fuel Trim 100%
High Fuel Trim 100%

O2 Sensor did not show.

Jensen asked me to ring him with my results, looks like my O2 sensor is fubar.

“No Worries Stevie I have a spare aftermarket one you can try” yet again true to his word before 9.30am the next day it was here :slight_smile:

Never done one of these and basically I’m not a mechanic, Jensen talked me through the fitting.

Re logged the car and the O2 sensor cycled, and the low fuel trim was at 100% with minor cycling.

I havent as yet road tested the car to see if the car is fixed but it certainly starts better without the over fuelling smell I have had before.

So a big thanks to you @jensen360.

Steve

14 Likes

Which aftermarket one did you use @jensen360 as i will need one for my car when its back up and running

2 Likes

This is what makes this club different to most others :blush::+1:

7 Likes

That’s fantastic @jensen360 that you know how to repair cars as well as break them :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously though, thanks for all the help this week :kissing_heart:

Tracie :grin:

3 Likes

@DavePerky put me onto the sensor.
I got it last year from eBay while working on my over fuel issue.
All the readings do what they should ie voltage, pulsing the right amount of times per seconds ect.
It worked for Dave, it worked on my car, and it seems to be working on Steve’s.
I will see if I can find the same one, unless Dave still has the link.

1 Like

I just held the bonnet :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking: Mmmmmm… partners in crime comes to mind :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tracie

2 Likes

Well done Jens and hope the car is ok Steve.

1 Like