Julian (Ex Chairman) in Near Fatal Accident

Some of you will know Julian, as a long standing Club member and previous Chairman, others not, @stevie was his best man at his wedding and after an accident he shouldn’t in reality have survived, he sent Steve this message yesterday…

"Nobody can work out how I got out of this alive, let alone without a scratch, where the lorry is, I was still strapped into the drivers seat"

The pictures speak for themselves.

Steve has spoken to Julian, and thank god, he is OK.

This is the news article in the Guardian.
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/15139130.UPDATED__Drivers__terrified__as_lorry_overturns_on_A406_slip_road/

Happy ending to what could have been another GTOUK funeral. Take care out there Guys n Girls.

Tracie :tulip:

Horrific Thank Got is Well, He’s got an Angel . My thoughts with You Julian !

1 Like

fuk lucky man ,speedy recovery mate hope injuries arn’t too bad !!

1 Like

Hi @stevie & @Tracie, It really is a miracle i can still walk and talk, I did indeed get out without a single scratch, I was advised by the fire crews there that i ought to buy a lottery ticket, 2 more piccies for you from yesterday when the lorry had been put back on its feet & taken to a compound, again bear in mind i was trapped in the drivers seat with the corner of the roof pinning me against the back of my seat, it must really come No. 1 on my list of the most terryfing things that have ever happened to me.

Cheers Julian.

1 Like

Jesus! Glad you are ok few sleepless nights I would imagine after that.
Dave

1 Like

Glad to hear that you came out of that unscathed mate ,:sunglasses:

looks nasty and you are very very lucky

Regards

Craig :grinning:

1 Like

Blimey Julian, so glad to hear your ok mate. looking at the pics you are certainly very lucky!!! did you buy a lottery ticket?

Paul

1 Like

Glad your ok mate.
Jerry

1 Like

Amazed you got out of that Julian, so, the Euro Lottery numbers are???:shamrock:

Seriously, glad to see you are ok.

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Glad you are ok Julian. Very lucky.
Jensen

1 Like

@Julian Victor Meldrew thankfully lives another day would we have you any other way :joy::joy::joy:.

Tracie :tulip:

2 Likes

Glad you got out Julian and are okay it looks a right mess…

1 Like

Shocking! Glad you are ok, miraculous!

■■■■ that’s a bad day at the office.
Glad your ok!

Great to hear you are ok Julian after such a horiffic accident hope no after effects and that you will be back on the road ok.
Best regards Jerry

1 Like

Damn! Glad you’re ok!

How did it happen if you don’t mind me asking.
Was the lorry like “No, I tired now, I go sleep” ?
Brown trouser moment non the less!

Must have been a terrifying experience, glad you escaped unhurt and able to tell the tale.

Best wishes…

Anh

1 Like

I have been racking my brains since the accident as to what happened on that fateful day, I could not even tell the police as to what happened, all i did remember at the time was a Silver car blasting his horn at me but did not remember anything after that, I now have my Dash cam sd card back from the Met police & all has now become clear, when you watch the footage be aware the the wide angle lens makes thing look further away than they really are, as the Silver car passes me i immediately swerve to the left to avoid him, this then puts me at the wrong angle to get onto the slip road, its at this point i think it starts to go over, to add insult to injury he then comes into my lane to dab his brakes on, after i went over an eye witness says he stopped on the slip road for a few seconds & then sped off.
https://goo.gl/photos/aDZfyL8rHYfpGT249

Julian ( alive and well )

1 Like

There’s are some absolute nut jobs on the road , thankfully this didn’t end in fatalities , are the police persuin the footage ?

Times like this it shows just how good dash cams can be , sure it won’t be long for they are being pushed big time by the insurance companies

Have all the aches and pains gone now ?

Craig :grinning:

Hey Julian at least you have an explanation.
He,s cut in and then looks like you have swerved to avoid and momentum has taken over.
Hope your mind is at rest, no after effects and no issues with the authorities.
Cheers mate.