Just a return post. Most know me already :D

Hi all.

Im Dave from mansfield, nottinghamshire

Most of you know me anyway so going to keep it brief :slight_smile:
I know most ■■■■■ owners and remain friends with most of them but the lack of events and forum use
Been a obsessed owner since 2009.

owned my 1996 since 2009 and like many on here plowed thousands into it.

All work was carried out by myself apart from respray and steel designs on ducktail etc (i just overseen it, measurements and all that)

heres the car :slight_smile:

Ive also attended the 2013 Chicago meet

and the very latest was the Texas 3S gathering in sept 2017…
they opened my eyes for true car lovers.

It looks like you guys have fun in events and meets and its something ive never done much of here.
I go to TOTB every year and compete for the laugh.

“Bragging rights”
Did 11.6 at 126mph at totb 2015 with kinugawa 19t turbos ,stockengine and tesco fuel.

Rebuilt my engine with forged goodies.

made external wastegates with dump pipes with TD04 manifolds in 2016 (sounded frickin amazing)

Just finished making up TD05 evo 16G turbo setup and using kinugawa internal actuators with external dump pipes

Mapped my own car using the 99 Clone ecu and Chrome software.

I dont want to talk too much on the bragging rights section LOL.

Im an open book and love to learn new things and skills hopefully attend a gto uk event this year.

13 Likes

Hi Dave , welcome over to our side of the GTO world :sunglasses: If it’s meets you want you will get plenty here and forum activity

Regards

Craig :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome along Dave - a really nice car. Would be great to see you at some of the events that we are looking to attend this year. A great way to introduce yourself is at the AGM in early May - we are also going on a brewery tour - be quick as spaces are limited.

Cheers,

James

3 Likes

Welcome back mate glad to see you on here.
Topman
Dave try to come to Silverstone meet in may.
Be nice to see you
Jerry :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi Dave,

Welcome. Not too far from you. (Chesterfield) Going to be getting a summer meet sorted at clumber if your interested. Did you scrap a 3000gt in red about 4 years ago?

Cheers Ian.

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

Steve and I have seen your car at TOTB don’t think we have officially met though.

Loads going on this year in the GTOUK Calender if getting your car out there to shows is what you enjoy.

Tracie

3 Likes

Welcome back to UK :+1:
Beautiful car :heart:

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh…
As others have said lots of meets this year coming up and a very active forum, so your in the right place.

Dave

2 Likes

Nice ride!

2 Likes

Thanks for nice comments and welcome all…
Would love to attend a gto meet. Will check out the meet diary?

Yes dude broke a red 3000gt some years ago.
Next month breaking a green 98 3000gt aswell lol.
Yes a local meet sounds good to me dude.

Tracie… Yes I seen your green Hulk car drive past the car park but I was on my way out home. Be nice to see that I’ve heard alot of effort been put into that car…

It will be nice to see gtos patched together in one space. My kinda scene.

Admittedly I’m not a car guy. Keep myself to myself (sad really lol). However I’m into Gto/3000gts so that’s what brings me here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome back on board, first event is at the NEC 23-25th this month, be good to meet if you fancy coming along. Like the spoiler.
Cheers

1 Like

welcome to gtouk lovely looking car

mark

3 Likes

Hi Dave,

As Tracy says seen your car a few times at TOTB, it’s not hard to miss as it’s stunning.

Looks like we are close Sheffield/Mansfield so could try and get a few cars for a local meet one weekend.

Anyway welcome to GTOUK

Steve

3 Likes

I’m from nottingham only 5mins down the road

4 Likes

See we have a mini meet already :smile:

Steve

4 Likes

Hi Dave
Welcome to the club
Cracking looking car. Be good to meet you at some shows and get a good look at the car.
Jensen

3 Likes

I thought so @Hwoarang. Got a few bits from you when restoring mine. Saved me big time.

Cheers Ian.

2 Likes

Welcome back to GTOUK Dave the Best GTO / 3000GT club in Europe as Dave will say :wink::grin:

3 Likes

Lol you been on fb again @spiros :joy:

Did I ?:blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Thanks all again for nice comments.

Looks like there’s a few members from around my place… Good to know. Yep sounds good.

Local meets sound good… You guys ever thought about doin weekend at totb… Or is the year already planned out.

1 Like