Just joined, interested in a car on here

Thanks mate. mr static doesn’t seem to want to get back to me so I’m probably going to have a look at another one tomorrow thats in my price range. Only problem is, it’s not red!

1 Like

Red… tends to be a little pink tbh especially with cars this old, it’s difficult to keep rubbing it. @ScottMR will come in here and tell me off :joy: but he loves rubbing.
I like black tbh, what colour you looking at ?
Dave

2 Likes

Mine gets redder the more i rub it tbh

3 Likes

Ha ha, well it was a red one I wanted but the one I’m thinking of looking at is a very light grey metallic, nearly white but not quite.

2 Likes

Mr static hasn’t been on the site since the 28th of October so don’t give up just yet :+1:

I have a nice red uk 3000gt for sale if your interested?

Paul

Looks great but I’ve not got that sort of money to spend I’m afraid mate, the one I’m possibly going to look at tomorrow is £3k and sounds a nice one.

2 Likes

Welcome along Trev. When you look at these cars take a printout of the car buyers guide from the club as this can be useful for knowing what to look for.

James

Thanks mate, I’m going to have a read of that now.

1 Like

Seen and drove a car today. I have to say it was exceptionally clean. Can I ask a couple of questions:

re the active aero, can you control it manually, i.e. put the spoiler up and down when the car is stationery? The spoiler was up and I couldn’t find a way of getting it down. Is this an easy fix?

The display for the climate control either was very dim or wasn’t working, although the heater was working. Is this common?

The body was near immaculate, very strong floor pans and sills, no rust on wheelarches, all original paint as far as I could see etc.

Engine very strong, very powerful and not particularly rattly, although it was idling a bit high. Is this an issue.

Generally I was really impressed with the car…trying to make a decision on it…

Hi,

The active aero should got down at speeds below 30 mph and back up above 50 when set to auto.

As for a fix there are loads of threads about this and the other issues you mentioned in the various technical sections so try searching the site.

Which one is it your looking at as someone in the club may know the car.

James

You’ll find all the info for the rear aero in the technical section, available when you become a full member :wink:

Terry :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Decided not to go for that one, although I have to say it was a VERY genuine car. Come on mr static, where are you? I want to look at that car.

2 Likes

Hi I think I’ve sold it but if it don’t go I let u know if u still interested

Yes mate, give me a shout if its still available please.

Well he did email me to say it was probably sold but didn’t then reply to say either way so I assume it’s sold, has anyone got a decent twin turbo manual they’re thinking of selling that isn’t daft money or starship mileage, red preferred and prefer the earlier popup headlight model but will consider others.

I don’t want to pay more than 4k, there’s various cars around for that or less, I’ve seen one for £3k which was really decent but not red.

Typically you get cars that are around £2.5-3k which will (normally) be dogs. Then you ge cars around the £4.5-5k mark which will (again normally) be fairly well sorted with a couple of minor issues to sort out. Then you get cars in the £7-8k range which will (norm… you get it) be well sorted cars that wont need much if any work. So if you are aiming at the £4k range expect it to need some work. Of course there are exceptions but don’t expect it to be the norm. Also don’t worry too much about high mileage. These cars like to be driven and looked after. a car with 150k thats been driven often and regularly serviced will be a better option than a 50k car thats been left in a garage for years on end without turning a wheel.

5 Likes

You can pick up a MK1 GTO TT for under 4k, then you’ll end up spending an additional 6k to make it run properly over 10,000 miles…

That’s what I did…

2 Likes

Spent mine on Rice :+1: I wouldn’t go that far unless yours was a wrecker.

1 Like