Long see no time

Thought I’d drop in and say hello, been a while!

Couldn’t kick the go fast habit, so I now have this:

Triumph Sprint ST1050

As much as I miss my GTOs, this is in another league when it comes to how quickly it moves :smiley:

Good to see the club still going well, and some new faces alongside the old buggers :wink:

By the way, what happened to the old ‘General Discussion’ tab?

6 Likes

It’s under ‘discussion’ right now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Really don’t know as I’m not on the committee.
As he says on Terminator 2, ‘That’s a nice bike’ :+1:

Terry :sunglasses:

Nice bike, still not tempted to come back to the world of Gto ownership then? As for the general chat. I think it’s still there ill look lol

General -general is there just visible to full members only. The old forums had a bit of a change about lol. Some of the options were moved or amalgamated to try simplify things for the new forum software as a lot of the topics duplicated in different places … Ugh I sound like @nas !! :flushed::scream::floppy_disk::computer: lol

2 Likes

As long as the road is straight. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I was following some sort of sports bike the other day (I wouldn’t have a clue what it is but it was loud and fast) and the wait for him to get on the power coming off the roundabout was mad. I can’t say I have ever been a bike fan but I do get why people love it.

I’d like another GTO but I don’t have the space for one whilst the Land Rover is in bits, nor the time for one. I work away now so the bike lives at work.

Once the Land Rover is back in one piece then I’ll put some serious thought into another GTO.

If you sounded like @NAS I’d be reading for another hour. :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome back @GTO_Scott, that looks impressive buddy

Steve

Hi @GTO_Scott hope you and the family are well fella , i wondered where you had been hiding !!

Need to see you at a JAE again soon fella with your magic beer coat :laughing:

Dont be a stranger mate

Craig :smile:

Ah you don’t get rid of me that easily!

The beer coat - that brings back memories! Need to do it again soon. Next year perhaps?

3 Likes

Farkin’ ‘ell, didn’t mean to leave it so long.

Still got the bike, but the GTO itch is getting harder to ignore. A rummage down the back of the sofa found £1.94, a half-chewed sweet and something hairy.

The last few weeks I’ve been rolling around in an ST202 Celica that came cheap, and it’s made me look again at GTOs. A TT is out of budget at the moment though…

Hope to be around a bit more, maybe see some of you over the summer.

Scott

4 Likes

Good to see you have popped back into GTOUK mate

1 Like

Been too long fella. I’ve got an E61 525d in boring grey as the daily driver, very comfy competent car but nothing more than that. Was looking through some of the JAE photos not long back, they were good times.

2 Likes

Very good and still are too , should get yourself along , there still a few of us old grizzlys around

2 Likes

Welcome back good luck with your search !

3 Likes

Welcome back Scott, still got your hat, :slight_smile:

Steve

1 Like

Welcome back Scott

1 Like

I got lots of hats fella, necessary when you’re as bald as I am!

4 Likes

Welcome back :+1:

You need a nice TT. Again really Scott , cmon have another drive to redditch , instead of just taking wheels this time you can take the lot :joy:

4 Likes