Looking for recomendatons

Hey peeps :slight_smile:

im 23, 24 in a month. Been driving colts, then fto’s etc (a true mitsi fan) over the past few years. I have 3yrs NCB and yet… the cheapest insurance i can find so far is £1400 FC on a turbo gto :frowning:

1 accident, but not my fault (yank driving on wrong side of road hit me)

i was hopeful to get the insurance to at least 900.

Does anybody have any recomendations of where i can get a reasonable quote?

Im getting a bit bored of just calling random firms and hoping for the best.

Cheers.

try sky :smiley: or get an n/a instead of a t/t :wink:

Try Sky Insurance like he says, maybe a non-turbo would be the way to go for a first one, give it a few years then on to a TT.

Possibly mines up for sale in the very near future. Some good ones up for grabs on this forum too!

Mike

Sky and get a UK car - Im 23 and paying £813 FC :wink:

Directline still works for me really well…good on actually paying out too should you claim…I wrote my A6 off last year, had a cheque through the door within 5 days…worth a try

the quote from sky was 1400 :frowning:

sulks

i may just hold on to my colt for another year and wait for the magic 25, but then again i did tell myself its a supra at 25!

i got another quote now, cheapest is £1100 so far, nearer the figure im after, but still not there :frowning:

I just tried direct line, and they wouldnt insure me! sulks

[quote]the quote from sky was 1400 :frowning:

sulks

i may just hold on to my colt for another year and wait for the magic 25, but then again i did tell myself its a supra at 25!

i got another quote now, cheapest is £1100 so far, nearer the figure im after, but still not there :([/quote]

Whats your quote on an n/a?

Mike

I had my 300zx insured with Directline, but when I got the GTO, they would not insure it without a tracker…but 300gt’s did not require a tracker, wheres the logic in that?

John

[quote]

[quote]the quote from sky was 1400 :frowning:

sulks

i got another quote now, cheapest is £1100 so far, nearer the figure im after, but still not there :([/quote]

Mike[/quote]

hey dude, n/a?

[quote]

Mike

hey dude, n/a?[/quote]

no turbos :wink:

Pfft, get the supra now, and when you decide you want a motor with real class get the GT, by which time you will be around 25 :lol:

[quote]

Pfft, get the supra now, and when you decide you want a motor with real class get the GT, by which time you will be around 25 :lol:[/quote]

Its possible! :slight_smile:

I havent got a quote on a non turbo one, mainly because im not really interested in the non turbo version.

Had my heart set on a supra since i got my licence, but they seem to cost more than the GTO’s which is why it may have to wait a while.

Thats probobly wise.

Whilst there is nothing wrong with an N/A … if you hanker for a TT now that desire will only get worse when you experience the performance difference between the two models.

Try and get a 3000GT if you can afford it, there’s no REAL difference between that and a GTO but the insurance difference is significant.

Adam

Get a 3000gt instead of a GTO like J@mes said, I’m 23 and pay £1000 fully comp on mine with an agreed value of £8000 should I crash it.

Plus the 3000gt has the added advantage of rust, more power (320bhp instead of 280bhp), leather as standard and bigger brakes than on the earlier GTO’s.

i too would also prefer rusty and fast over shiny and slow :slight_smile:
(i fear i may get severly flamed for this post)

Try Aon in Dudley. They came up cheapest for me in the short time I had to shop around (less than 24 hours). £493 fully comp, though I am 37 with full NCB and drive a company car too.

Might be worth looking them up? Even if you do have to settle for a “slow one”, like mine :roll: Not sure but I guess the UK models will prove cheaper to insure than an import?

Just got insurance with sky on my GTO TT. MODS

Lowered,
Big Exorst, :frowning:
Wheels,
Dump Valve,
Paint,
Airfilter

Toad Cat1

Fully Comp with third party on other ppl’s cars
Excess £450
Windscreen £60
Cost £921 one off payment
Fairly Happy! About £300 more for the mods but hay hay! :slight_smile:

Just done mine with A PLAN 0845 071 1234 . Mine is a 1997 3000GT it is my second car so asked for a fixed mileage of 3000 miles a year it is garaged at all times when at home price £285.00 A YEAR Not bad i would say. Good luck, Bob.