Map of members

I’m not sure if this has been covered before, however here I go. is there a map of members locations within this site?

There was a basic one, but it’s not around at the moment.

It would be nice to get back, however the way it gets put together always gets contended. If people have to add themselves it doesn’t get much attention.

I feel we could build it direct from the membership forms. If we only use the first part of the postcode then we should have a good balance of accuracy and privacy.

Steve

I have sent you the area code of everyone

for example RG1

Simon

1 Like

There certainly used to be. Dave made one but I’m not sure if it was transported to this site yet

Great news, I just thought it would be helpful to new members when they were looking for help & advice to maybe be able to meet up with other members or just for a chin wag etc. maybe a good idea to only use the first part of the postcode & if people want to meet up they can then do this safely without people just turning up on their doorstep.

1 Like

We will put something in place for this, we did not push this too much after last time because the location was correct. For example I dont live in the same down as my car, so dont really want to advertise where it is. We can look at a more general location map, because as you said it could be very useful.

Neil.

Would you be adverse to using just the first part of the postcode? e.g. “RG30”, “BS1”

1 Like

No I think that would be fine, the problem with the postcode as it was, it would highlight the exact address, due to lack of houses on the street. So a general postcode would be fine.

Neil.

1 Like