Me, myself and my cars

Hey guys,

I’m Sven,36 and from Antwerp, Belgium. I work as aircraft engineer, mainly as mechanic, but the avionics part should also come on my (company) licence soon. I have 3 cars, all Mitsushi: a 2007 Colt CZ3 diesel for daily use. A 1999 3000GT VR4 and a 1978 Celeste. My knowledge about the last one is the biggest as i have it the longest (almost 10 years). My 3000GT I only have for about 2 years now and most things are new to me.

Cheerz
Sven

4 Likes

Hi Sven

Welcome to GTOUK , good to have you on board ,

Have to get some pics up of your motors

Regards

Craig :slight_smile:

Welcome along mate pics be good love the old stuff the celeste must be amazing…

Hey Sven, welcome along from FB. Sorry the new forums does take some getting used to, but any questions ask away :slight_smile:

Here are already some (older) pic of my 3000GT. Only differences are that I now have Lancer Evo X Enkei rims with Yokohama Advan 245/45R18 tyres and running stock ECS struts as they provide more comfort.

The KW V3’s that were installed when I bought my GT were too hard for me to like them. Also the rims (different widths front/back) are not allowed over here when I go for MOT.

Anyway, here are the pics:

Of my Celeste I have pics here:
(converted from 1600ST (bought modified) to 2000GSR and now swapping in a 4G63 DOHC N/A

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_thunderke/sets/72157623871623158/

Cheerz
Sven

1 Like

pics of the engine swap in my Celeste can be found here:

Cheerz
Sven

1 Like

The celeste looks really cool , like that a lot Sven :sunglasses:

Craig :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Sven,

Welcome to the club. The 3000gt looks stunning. Is it all original?

Ian.

1 Like

Oh wow I want that car so cool… credit to you mate.

1 Like

Hey Sven! Great pictures of both cars…you are obviously a talented mechanic…but you’ve made a big mistake…your steering wheels are on the wrong side of the car!! Lol

I tried to view the pics and got a page saying I had won a I phone couldn’t get off the page. Might want to check it @DeanMarkTaylor.
Jensen

Hi @jensen360,

I’ve checked the links in this thread and the sites themselves and everything looks good to me.

You might want to check your machine / browser for unexpected browser addons etc.

Cheers,
Dean.

Cheers Dean
i was using the mobile ill try again on the pc
Jensen

1 Like

Let me know if you spot more odd things.

Worked from the pc. And fine on phone now.
Jensen

1 Like

I’m afraid it doesn’t look like that anymore. You will have to click on the pic to see the entire album. Don’t know why the link to the album isn’t shown. Just 1 pic in the album seems to be shown…

Now it looks more stock, like it came from the factory…

Hi Ian (ORV),

Thanks! It’s my goal to get it in stock (as close as possible) showroom condition. That’s why I already changed the KW V3 suspension with stock ECS ones (didn’t like the hard ride also :s).
The window in the hatch and quater windows have a black foil on them. I will leave that on because it looks better like that (no mayor modification either).

One of the next steps is changing the lifters to 3rd gen lifters and swapping out the double DIN Pioneer radio/navigation head unit to a stock single DIN radio/cassette player. All parts i have already available for that but I will do that when the Pioneer or dies or when the maps are getting useless…

Cheerz
Sven

Hi fiat415,

Thanks for the compliment but to be honest, I bought both cars in a very good condition. The problem is that I’m a mechanic, I don’t know anything about welding or body work or whatsoever. I also don’t have the means to do that (no bridge, no welder,…) I thus have to go to my dealer but over there they allow me to help them with the work on my cars.

The GT had little work to get it to where I want it and the Celeste has a very good body, just more work to get it back to showroom condition: seats work out, bumpers need rechroming, some interior bit need replacement, … Just want to get the engine finished first before I go for the rest. Unfortunatly I’m already waiting a long time for parts as they need to be custom made.

Lol, yeah I know you guys have the steering wheel on the right side of the car. Unfortunatly you DRIVE on the wrong side of the road :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi Sven,
Good to hear you are on the original stock road. I myself are passionate about the original stock cars. When I do a anything on the car I always try and keep the original parts by restoring them and if I can’t I will track down original replacment parts.
I had my car restored last year and made sure that every little detail was reserved. Please keep us upto date with it.

Ian.

I just had problems with aftermarket stuff so that’s why I want to stay stock (untill parts aren’t available anymore). For my Celeste this is getting hard.

I will but beware that it can take a while before there are some updates…

1 Like