Mid life crisis

Hi All, new to the forum here, nice to meet you all! I have been wanting to buy a 3000GT or GTO for decades. Have had Celica GT4s in the past and also classic Porsches such as the 944 S2, but every time a see a GTO go past me, it brings back childhood memories - I need to get one!

Would be great to get your thoughts, I have seen a few on the market, some are TT manuals and others are NA Autos. Some of the NA Autos look like mint condition, and are of course at a lower price point. Having not driven an either before, do you think I will be disappointed with a NA Auto?

Hi @CapAP ,

Welcome to GTOUK :+1:

I really hope you find the right car for you. I myself have only driven the TT cars so can’t comment on the n/an auto or manual. One thing I did see was a members auto car had no issues keeping up with us in convoy to a meet once :+1:

When looking at cars take a read of our buyers guide. Also if you find a car post it up on here - many cars have been in the club at some point so someone May remember it. FYI there is a TT for sale from a member on here at the moment.

Good luck,

James
Club secretary

Thank you James! Nice to meet you, and thanks for the advice. I will check out the one on sale here, hopefully it’s not too far from me.

Will keep you posted on what I find!

1 Like

I have spotted a 3000GT on eBay for £8k, it’s silver and seems to have a very comprehensive service history. Number plate ends in KBW, does anyone know the car? Not sure if it’s a good one, and is a 4.5 hour drive for me each way : )

Hi and welcome, I don’t know how long you’ve been looking but I would try and hold for something a little closer to home as it is gutting to travel a long distance only to be disappointed. If you could get a drive in the 3 model types of car it would give you a better idea of what you’re really after. Good luck with the search.

Derek.

As is that far you could perhaps ask the seller if he could do you a little video with the engine running(preferably up to temperature) maybe a little drive tooto see the gearbox changing gears ok etc and ask for lots of pictures of the underside etc might give you more understanding and perhaps more important a reason to take that long drive.
Jerry

Thank you Derek and Jerry! Appreciate the advice. I am in no rush, so will wait and see what comes up. Will keep you posted, I think I may have just found a great GTO.