MK1 clear lens indicator kits

Ill help if i can…

Firstly silver bulbs still shine orange but if your worried buy the ones called orange or amber? :lol: :lol:

Second…prise,it means put flat screwdriver inbetween the lense and the lense case and twist it slowly once the glue has been softened with boiling,gradually it will come apart

third…two small protusions mean the little bits that stick out :lol:

fourth…yes you wont have usable indicators for 12 hours atleast,while there off put the wiring and bulb holder in a bag/seal and tuck back in the hole

fifth…screw being flush…means level with the things next to it or not sticking up abouve the surface :wink:

hope this helps if not carry on asking…

[quote]Ill help if i can…

Firstly silver bulbs still shine orange but if your worried buy the ones called orange or amber? :lol: :lol:

Second…prise,it means put flat screwdriver inbetween the lense and the lense case and twist it slowly once the glue has been softened with boiling,gradually it will come apart

fourth…yes you wont have usable indicators for 12 hours atleast,while there off put the wiring and bulb holder in a bag/seal and tuck back in the hole

fifth…screw being flush…means level with the things next to it or not sticking up abouve the surface :wink:

hope this helps if not carry on asking…[/quote]

OOhhhh you do have a way with the English language :smiley:

Julian.

[quote]

[quote]Ill help if i can…

hope this helps if not carry on asking…[/quote]

OOhhhh you do have a way with the English language :smiley:

Julian.[/quote]

Hardly,just trying the make it understandable by someone who doesnt…hes probably more confused now than when he started julian. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually it makes more sence then the install notes with fancy words tony used.

Thanx for the help vikky :wink:

One extra thing you can do with tonys kit which make them look even nicer is when you have taken the orange lense off and cleaned it all up, get some fine wet & dry paper, rub the inside down alittle and spray the inside of the indicator with chrome plasticoat spray (you can get this from b&q or homebase). It makes the indicator when put back together more silver in colour and matches the clear side indicators nicely.

Also you can blow over your orange bulbs with the spray so they look silver but they still flash orange through the paint 8)

Pete :smiley:

I fitted chrome vinyl to the inside of my indicator housings- this gave loads of reflection and they look great from the outside. I also used 36x LED bulbs which appear clear when off but shine very brightly when on, although you have to fit some resistors into the wiring to ensure they flash at the right speed - they are too fast without them, (flash like having a bulb out on one side), this is because LED’s draw much less voltage than standard bulbs so need the resistors to slow them down - resistors are available for a few quid on ebay.

John

And you recon a guy who has to ask here how to change a lightbulb is going to be able to fit anything into any wiring… :roll: :wink:

Sounds nice matey but i’m sure i wouldn’t have a clue on what the get, where to get it, what to open, where to put it, how to wire it up, what to look for and how to close it… :oops:

it’s really not that hard, when i get up tomorrow i’ll send you some links and fool proof instructions - i’ve had too much too drink to be bothered right now - it is friday :oops: Would gladly send you some chrome vinyl free of charge - anything to help out another GTOUK member.

Any of those kits left, i’ll have one if there is,
cheers

Clear kits available!!

ive just prized my repeaters apart…after 20mins in hot water and 5mins with a hairdryer lol and to my suprise the inside of the lights is silver, is this right? or has someone else made clear repeaters out of them and then put em back to normal?

It worth doing the chome vinyl? or just carry on? :smiley:

Thats how the come as standard silver inside, If the silver is good just go ahead with installing the lenses, the instuctions are most likley the old version.

Tony

possible, i bought the lense kit off another member who didnt fit them in the end. ill get some reflective foil or viynl just to make sure :slight_smile:

light kit arrived today (yup sunday?)
many thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Tony,

Are you still doing these lens kits? I don’t think Amber are supplying their clear kits at the moment… Is anyone else interested in these clear indicators?

Cheers,
Ewan

I can still supply kits, as soon as the weather warms up I’ll make another batch.

Tony

[quote]I can still supply kits, as soon as the weather warms up I’ll make another batch.

Tony[/quote]

If i can freeze to death working in my Factory Unit…you can ■■■■■■ well freeze in the shed too Tony !!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

10 kits available!

Tony