Most common problem for high idle

Hi could anyone tell any common problems or a good place to start looking to solve my high idle… Always 1500rpm

Thanks

So many things it could be.
Coolant sensor, low coolant, Idle Control Valve, ECU… to name a few.

Thanks maxxbradley, would you say the idle controller valve, be a good place to start

They do tend to have some issues on these. Firstly check your coolant level and that is a case of opening a lid. Then give the ICV a clean yeah. There should be a procedure somewhere for checking continuity of pins on the ICV I would guess to make sure it is in electrically good order while you have it out for cleaning. Where abouts are you from? Someone on here might be nearby and willing to lend a hand.

OK thanks for that. I’m in Wales if there’s anybody around here willing to lend a hand I have many things to fix … Please lol

1 Like

Where abouts in Wales are you based?

Cheers,
Neil.

I’m in south Wales close to Brecon

We have a south west meet, but might be a little far from there this Sunday. Sometimes I work up in Tredegar.

Cheers,
Neil.

Tredegar not too far, :)… we’re is the south West meet to this Sunday, I might go if my car let’s me lol

We are going to http://www.sallypussey.co.uk/ just off the m4 junction 16 (meeting about 1:30pm).

Here is information on the meet:

There will be a few people going who know about these cars :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Neil.

Thanks for help hopefull to catch up with lots of you there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Newbie question, anyone know if the mk1 gto door is the same as the mk 2,

Thanks

Slight differences. Will it fit ? Should do :blush: sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Thanks Stan, I too thought it should fit, but didn’t know if there was any cosmetic differences that was going to look odd lol

It’ll just make it look more unique lol :wink:

Sally ■■■■■ Inn ! That’s gotta be the best named pub ever :+1: :laughing:

1 Like

Haha mines unique enough as it it… I don’t think there’s a part on it that was original to the car :slight_smile:

Hey it all adds character lol :wink:
What year is yours ?

Lol Mines is a 94

Put some pictures up :+1: