My easter chocolate display

Thought I’ll put a few pictures of my display since I’m a pastry chef :grin:
Thought you’d might like to see what I do apart from getting greasy hands😁

Jerry :grinning:

7 Likes

Wow Jerry that’s amazi-balls, well done, a huge talent you have there.

Quick question, do you still like chocolate after working with it so much? :laughing:

Tracie :snail:

2 Likes

Of course who doesn’t like chocolate :grin:
I do tend not eat much desserts though as I make them all the time of course unless I do something new then I’ll have to try it to make sure is as it’s supposed to be.

4 Likes

Should Change your name to Choccywookydooda!!:blush:

5 Likes

Steve, nearly spat me tea out with that comment, the chocolate stuff however, magic, absolute magic is all I can say.

Terry :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Looks like we have some entertainment for JAE sorted then

Simon

4 Likes

This kind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh… that was sooo Colin wasn’t it :laughing:

Tracie :snail:

6 Likes

I’m up for that with Colin :joy:

3 Likes

That looks amazing but think i would be sick lol
Your very talented mate :+1:

3 Likes

just amazing Jerry. such talent

Steve

3 Likes

Cheers guys and gals it is a lot of hard work but like anything with passion and commitment you can achieve results.

3 Likes

Crazy Jerry awesome stuff need a demo at JAE!!

2 Likes

great work…

2 Likes

Blimey that’s awesome.
How long did it take to create?!

1 Like

Over 2 days doing them along the normal day to day duties I’d say about 8/10 hours combined
Big rush this morning had to be at work at 5 am to finish off the decoration as had to be out on display by 9 am

Don’t you find that they start to collapse with the heat? It does look awesome

1 Like

The worst enemy for a chocolate display or any of the displays I do are the people touching them " they go over and wow is this real chocolate and then oops broken, let’s walk away before anyone seen us":grinning:
Heat is a problem but in this country is not too bad
We chefs use a method called “tempering”
Which basically is a method on how to melt chocolate and then when it’s sets it will set hard and that involves heating the chocolate slowly to 43.5 degrees then you cool it down on a piece of cold marble while keep mixing it until comes down to 28degrees and then you warm it again to reach around 31 to 33 degrees depending on the quality of chocolate, then it’s ready to use.(basically like when steel is tempered to make it stronger obviously steel goes up to 2 thousand degrees) same principle though with chocolate.
Basically it’s manipulate the chocolate crystals “we call it”
That way it will set hard that if you try to break it you’ll hear a snap.
You need to know what your doing in the process as if you heat it too much then it won’t set hard and you want have that snap plus the chocolate when it’s set it will be discoloured and horrible.
Regards

2 Likes

Same as steel then. Something that’s easily related to me lol.
Difficult but rewarding technique. People wanting to touch things is a type of compliment, but bloodybfristrating as you want to keep it entire as long as possible :grinning:.

As for the chocolate turning funny colour n tasting different, it’s surely the same thing when we see chocolate turned “white” from the shop having let it get too warm?

1 Like