NEC Practical Classics Restoration Show 2020

There are a few entry wristbands available for the club Mike.
@jerry_SC will have them at the NEC. If you would like one just let us know here, and he will contact you.
Hopefully see you there.

2 Likes

Hi Jensen,

Thanks for your very kind offer. My other half has said sheā€™d like to come along too, but obviously Iā€™m happy to pay up full rate if the situation requires. I will let you and Jerry know the actual day we plan to come along closer to the time.

Thanks again,

Mike

3 Likes

Hi all
We would like as many members as possible to come and join us at the Nec for this show. We will have entry by wristeband which is free up to a limit available across the three days of the show.
After that we do have a club discount ticket offer details already posted.
This is a fantastic show and as well as our presentation, this is the thirtieth anniversary year of these cars being created by Mitsubishi, there will be 100,s and 100, of classic cars, automobilia, tv stars etc etc Truly amazing indoors event, with thousands of visitors.
So come on down be great to see you there.

Myself and my son , Tirnan, will be over on the Saturday to take in the show and call to the stand for a while.
Enda

Great Enda, see you there.

Jerry, further to my earlier post, could I put in a request for a wristband for Saturday please. Also, can I ask for a reduced entry ticket for my wife please ?
Thanks if you can help out,

Mike

1 Like

Hi Mike
Will be a pleasure to see you there, hope there will be enough wb,s for everyone and l will work out over the next few days how we are doing for those wanting to be at this event.

Ok Jerry, thankyou.

Fri
1 Jerry
2 Kevin
3 Lukas

1 Jerry
2 Kevin
3 lukas
4&5 @enda
6&7 @dodgemonkey

Sun
1 Jerry
2 Kevin
3 Lukas

We have 8 wristbands per day.
We can carry over unused ones to the next day, or change Sunday ones to Friday if needed.
If anyone would like to come just let us know.
As it stands at the moment we have 11 left.

We like to use the spare tickets for those members who primarily attend to support the guys on the stand and promote the club and members displaying to use for partners or someone supporting them at the show, then members who are visiting.
Some years we use all the allocated bands, but often we have some left over.

I have used spare bands for my family whilst supporting the guys at the show, on the understanding if a member turned up wanting one and we had none I would purchase an entry ticket to replace the one used.

Anyone 16 or over requires a ticket to enter the show.

@dodgemonkey @enda We have added you guys to the list with your wife/son.
Not sure how old Tirnan is enda, if needed we will amend.
We hope you understand if more than the 11 spare bands are requested for full members to use before Monday 23rd March they would take priority over the extra tickets for your family members. (But not yours)
This cut off date would give you time to take advantage of the club discount code if needed.

The show organisers give us a code for reduced cost entry.
If your coming to the show for the day with 2 of your mates and their aunt sally, we would ask you to offer them the code to get a discount on entry rather than ask for 4 club bands.
The show organisers can track how many tickets are purchased through our club code, they offer us the stand space for free on the understanding we support and promote the show.

Parking at the show is Ā£10-Ā£12 for the day if I remember correctly. We have parking passes available, as you leave you show the pass. Again these are offered to be used by members visiting the show.
These are reusable and would need to be passed back.
One of us usually come out with you as you leave to grab the pass back.

Wristbands are available to collect from one of us at the NEC.
When you arrive give us a call and we will meet up with you.

Jerry will have the tickets on him so grab his number, the show can be quite loud so itā€™s probably a good idea to get Lukas or Kevinā€™s as well.

This is a fantastic show to attend, itā€™s vey different from our usual event.
Plenty to see and do, and if your spending time on the club stand and want to get involved the visitors are constantly asking questions. You donā€™t need to know anything mechanical ect, as most visitors just like to hear the basics like, itā€™s a mk1, has all wheel drive, came with active aero.
Thereā€™s always someone around to help if they
get a bit technical :rofl:

Itā€™s fantastic our club and itā€™s members are offered space/tickets at shows like this, to promote itself and our cars on the classic car platform.

We look forward to seeing you at the show.

5 Likes

Hi Mike sorry i hadnā€™t replied, I have been feeling unwell for a while.
Jensen

Thanks for that post Jensen. Excellent

1 Like

Hi Jensen,
Thanks for the information. Wonderful job matey ! I hope you are feeling better fella.
Iā€™ll keep a watch on the Forum, but I reckon you have covered all I need, thankyou.
See you there, and all the best in the meantime,

Mike

3 Likes

Fri

1 Jerry
2 Kevin
3 Lukas
4,5 Jensen Jordan
6,7,8 mark

Saturday

1 Jerry
2 Kevin
3 lukas
4&5 @enda
6&7 @dodgemonkey
8 Dan

Sun
1 Jerry
2 Kevin
3 Lukas
4. Marty
5,6,7,8 jack

(Tickets reserved by members for non members Are not secure until date shown above. These will be prioritised to full members if requested before that date)

2 Likes

Thanks Jensen, hope youā€™re better soon.
Enda

1 Like

The event organisers have just contacted us offering space for another car.

If anyone would like to attend the show and display their car please let us know.

We need to let the organisers know as soon as possible, So the space can be offered to other clubs if we donā€™t need it.

It really is a great show to attend.
CAR CONDITION DOES NOT MATTER.
As we previously explained this is the restoration show.

3 Likes

Looking for that extra car to show on our stand. So hope someone in the club will join us.
As Jensen says condition is not so important.
Its a great show to be a part of.
We need the car by Thursday evening until Sunday but you need not be there every day if you do not want to be.
Come on down.

1 Like

@jerry_SC

Make sure the offer is still there from the NEC, I know they only gave us a limited time to arrange this before they passed the offer on to another car club.

Steve

2 Likes

Thanks Steve.
Everyone this extra car space availability is only while the organiser will make it available to us and we get a car in time, will post up when it needs to be known by.
Thanks all.

Sorry guys I should have updated this.
We had to give an answer, so with no interest shown we turned it down to be offered to other clubs.

3 Likes

I will be coming on Sunday

2 Likes