NEC Practical Classics Restoration Show 2020

I should be able to make it along on Saturday

1 Like

Great Dan
Be good to see you there, hope it does not get pulled with the C V situation. Checking Daily.:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Would have thought this show will be ok , can see bigger problems later in the year for events if the infection rate keeps increasing , keeping a close eye on the classic at the moment .

At the current rate I can see a lot of disruption for sporting events and large gatherings , not just because of the risk of infection spreading more so because there will be a nation wide shortage of toilet roll :rofl:

2 Likes

If you haven’t already done so, contact @jerry_SC to arrange getting your admission wristband Dan :kissing_heart:

Tracie :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

Just heard in the radio that All NEC events have been cancelled , is there any more info in this ?

Hope not for you guys that have given your time up for this

Edit

Just found this online

There’s a list on the nec website at the moment showing postponed and cancelled events , so far the practical classic seems ok , but may change closer to the time

2 Likes

We have sent an email asking for more info.
As soon as we get a reply we will post up.

3 Likes

Good spot mate.
Hopefully they make a decision To cancel or run the event quickly and stick to it.

1 Like

I was about to book a holiday from work for the event, but now I am holding on.

1 Like

Here is the reply received today regarding the show.

We will keep everyone updated as we are.
If anyone has any concerns Or question feel free to contact one of us.

4 Likes

Jerry will have a wristband for you mate.
Make sure you have a contact number for him to arrange meeting up in the morning.

2 Likes

Jerry has my number :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have just heard on the news that the Govt are going to “ban mass gatherings” from next weekend. I am assuming that this will include the Resto show at the NEC I will keep my eye on things for the moment, but as I am one of those “at risk” from this, I think I may have to avoid the show. Just when I was looking forward to it!

Mike

3 Likes

I would say most of gtouk are at risk being old and infirm , thankfully I’m in my early twenties so I am an extremely low risk

If however the virus also affects those with mental issues , then goodnight folks it’s been nice knowing you :rofl:

6 Likes

:joy::joy: the only thing you have in it’s early twenties is the false hip :joy:

2 Likes

Thank God for a great sense of humour. Love it boys…:+1:

2 Likes

The GTOUKvirus is well advanced than Coronavirus, nothing to worry there :wink:

2 Likes

A shame Mike but think that is a wise decision, there will always be another show :kissing_heart:.

Keep healthy.

Tracie :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

2 Likes

I think now that this show will probably be pulled, looks like Govt advice/policy will be that all large gatherings will be banned.
Personally l hope it still goes ahead but anyone who plans to go from the club l think must make their own decision whether they will attend or not and not feel any need to go if they do not feel comfortable.
Health is no 1, but we will see next week how this situation pans out.
Cheers all.

3 Likes

Just incase no 1 has been informed

4 Likes

Cheers Kevin no email from them yet.
Shame But this was expected tbh.

3 Likes