Need help please guys...info required

Hiya all,

I’m due for renewal on my 93 MK1 TT and want to get an agreed value as i don’t want car written off and paid out £2k :evil:

So what is a realistic agreed value for my car ? Or better still, if any of you who have agreed values and don’t mind sharing…let us know. (Pm me if you prefer)

My cars spec is in my garage

http://www.gtouk.org.uk/phpBB2/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=225

I did type it all out but closed the ■■■■■■■ page by mistake :x :x :x

Thanks in advance

:?

It’s hard to give a price on a car without seeing it in the flesh. Some people like myself like a very clean interior and other people just like lots of mods.
It is still a MK1 car after all but looking at it you have done loads of mods including the 6 speed gearbox which was only on MK2’s onwards :smiley:
If it was me I would get it agreed at about £5k but it is up to the insurance company to agree with you “AGREED Valuation” :wink:

My NA did have an agreed valuation last year with Sky but I cancelled it at the beginning of this year. I thought that Sky had stopped doing agreed valuations to new customers :?

Cheers For that Smudge,

I know what you saying about different ideas of a ‘clean car’. Bob Jeary and Tellyboy have seen mine recently after all the rear end has been done and I’m sure they will confirm she is a near enough mint car inside and out and specially the engine bay…

I would like think about that at the least as to buy a near mint MK1 TT and then do a 6 speed plus all the other bits would come to well over £5k. However that is something i need to convince the insurance guys… :roll:

thanks for the input though…that’s exactly what I’m after, thoughts and opinions.

Look at all the recipts and add up how much you’ve spent in the last year +some of the car’s value… I don’t think the insurance can argue as you’ve got proof! I guess you don’t have the labour charges on your bills, but still just add them up and that’s your value.

Ewan

[quote]Look at all the recipts and add up how much you’ve spent in the last year +some of the car’s value… I don’t think the insurance can argue as you’ve got proof! I guess you don’t have the labour charges on your bills, but still just add them up and that’s your value.

Ewan[/quote]

Problem i have is the fact that i do all my own maintenance/repairs/mods. So i don’t have many receipts at all. Mods that have added value to the car like the MK2/3 rear end and 6 speed conversion are obviously all s/hand parts so no receipts there. However if i submitted a full set of photo’s showing condition of car inside and out…hopefully they would see that regardless of receipts…you would not replace this car in this condition for less than X amount ?

Anyone with a rough idea what i should go for on a agreed value :?: