New 3000GT owner, saying hello and looking for some advice

Hi all,

I’m a relatively new owner of a '98 3000GT (UK car). The car has been off the road for a couple of years and I bought it back in April last year from a colleague with the intention of getting it back out there. For a variety of reasons I had to put it on the back burner shortly after buying it, but I’m now gearing up to crack on. The car runs and drives but is in need on some work to get it road worthy. At a minimum, I’ll be doing:

• Brake hoses and pipes
  • Fuel pipes
  • Tyres
  • Calliper rebuild
  • Pads and Discs
  • Service, cambelt, water pump etc.

I need a bit help sourcing some things and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. First, there’s a pretty big crack in the windscreen. I was hoping to find a good 2nd hand unit if anyone has one they’re willing to part with or has a suggestion on where to start looking? Second, the car was stored at my Dad’s for while and he accidentally reversed into it and broke the nearside side light cover. He’s offered to replace it but so far we’ve struggled to find one. Again, if anyone has got one they’re looking to sell or knows where I might have some luck, please let me know. I’m hoping to get it back on the road this year, maybe for the summer, but with an impending house move, that’s perhaps wishful thinking.

Just in case you’re interested, here’s a photo of the car taken just after collection:

And to confirm, this is the side light cover I’m looking for:

Cheers,
Matt

Forgot to mention, I’m based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire but I work in Bristol and I’m in the process of relocating down there.

4 Likes

Hi Matt

Welcome to GTOUK

Parts wise

Evil empire will be able to hook you up with some stuff
Tyres , I tend to use black circles now for tyres on my cars
Brake refurb , Big Red do refurbs they are on the net if you search , I’ve seen some of their work up close and it’s very good
Cambelt, pump etc you want oe quality , the rest you can shop around for online

Regards

Craig

2 Likes

Hi Craig,

Thanks for advice. Funnily enough I’ve been looking through the Evil Empire site, he’s got some great stuff. I’ve never heard of Big Red, but I’ll be sure to look them up.

Thanks again

1 Like

Hi Matt and welcome to the Club car is looking good , as Craig said give Rob ( Evil Empire ) a call he will have anything you need.

Hi Matt
Welcome to GTOUK
The side lights are no longer available I believe.
Hopefully you will be able to pick up a good used set.
Jensen

Hi Matt
welcome to the club

Hi Matt
Welcome to Gtouk and good luck with your car.

Hi Matt, welcome to the fold, nice car.

Terry :sunglasses:

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the club. As @CDMH said really. Regarding the brakes- I had all 4 rebuilt and painted by Big Red and they did a goodJob

James

2 Likes

If you can’t find it , rob at we will have it .

Hello and welcome, nice looking car , best of luck with the repairs.
Enda

Hi Matt
Welcome to the club nice looking car👌

welcome to the club and nice looking car :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for the welcome messages. I think I’m going to have to find someone that’s breaking a car for the side light, they’re no longer available on the Evil Empire site.

I’m looking forward to making a start and hopefully getting along to some shows/meets one day.

2 Likes

@matt4 you can post also on our Facebook GTOUK Official GTO/ 3000GT Classified for parts you need . Regarding Evil Empire Rob may does’nt have the side light because is very rare but overall he does or can source parts that are not listed yet on the website , therefore is better calling him !

1 Like

The Facebook site has been archived now so it’s no longer an option , too many people abused it sorry.

Sorry didn’t realize !

Update:
Rob at Evil Empire sorted me out with a used side light. Massive thanks to him for his help and all those that suggested I should give him a call. I’ve also sourced a good used windscreen. The car is still at Dad’s, but will be coming to my house in about 2 weeks once another car I’ve sold is collected. Looking forward to making a start!

4 Likes