New GTO fan - looking to own

Hi to all of you, Ive loved these cars for many years and remember them as a kid. Always thought they were one of the coolest looking vehicles around.

Time for me to buy one. In fact I just contacted a member on here who just sold his (black on black). It was a nice car and most of you will know it.

So if anyone has thoughts on selling, Id be interested to chat. Preferablly after a TT manual (I like rowing gears), with good service history and condition.

Great to be on board!

Thanks

Rob

3 Likes

Hi Rob welcome to GTOUK
I remember looking for my first Gto when I had decided I wanted one, exciting times :smiley:
We have a buyers guide that you should take a look at.

I purchased mine then found the forum.
My main bits of advice would be

1. Check for underside corrosion, get your head under the back end and have a poke about, and if possible take the plastics out the boot and have a good look.
  2. Cam belt kit. Has it been done? Reciept to prove? This can be costly.
    Lots of other bits to look at but buyers guide will point most out.
    Full membership is available in the club shop at a discounted rate at the moment before the new membership year.
    This opens a vast technical section, and other perks.
    We have a section for members car sales you should take a look at.

The cars here have been owned and looked after by enthusiasts and will have history with the car but also on the forum that you can look into/carry on.
Good luck with finding the right car for you :oncoming_automobile::racing_car:
Jensen

2 Likes

Welcome Rob :+1:

1 Like

Welcome and good luck with the search

Welcome Rob, your not in Scotland are you?

Just asking :grin:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

:roll_eyes:@just_cool I bet He is ! :grin:

Hi Rob think it was me that bought the GTO you were interested in.

Sorry should have introduced myself, I’m Davie from NE Scotland

@david6 Hi David Welcome to GTOUK Scottish Empire is expanding , few of us up here will PM You for more details :+1: Cheers
@just_cool I Told You so Terry :grin:

1 Like

Yeah be great to find out about more owners up here

1 Like

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

@spiros, King of Scotland :pray:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ha Ha not in Scotland, although there are some brilliant driving roads there. I see a few Scottish GTO fans on this forum - good to see.

Great reference guide, thanks Jensen. The electronics on these cars scare me a bit (if they go wrong), they were definitely waaay ahead of their time!

Hi Davie. Congrats on the car, yes it seems that was the black one I only saw recently. When did you actually buy it? Looks great, one of the few cars ‘in black’ that really looks cool. Trust you enjoy the new ride.
I have seen a couple advertised at dealers, one looks quite mint but is a bit pricey (just IMO as a beginner). Id also prefer to buy off a forum member or their reference, as a lot of the members on here seem to really know the cars.
Im happy to wait for the right one and pay a fair price for excellent condition and service history.

Rob

2 Likes

Hi Rob, yes it’s a really good one, no rust, mechanically sound and very well maintained. Just a little tidying up and she will be minted. Bought her 11 days ago and looking forward to using it in the summer. Hopefully the right one turns up for you soon.

2 Likes