New member Greg

Hi all,

Im your typical 40s man looking to have some of that 20something fun again.

I previously drove the little brother, FTO, in my youth. My mate had a GTO TT, which I adored (envied really) but life progessed and I went down a sensible root.

I’m now in position where I can treat myself to a 2nd motor and its got to be the GTO.

Im on the look out for one, digging deep into the research of what to check and to get know them better.

Im no mechanic but am practically minded.
Ill be looking for one in good nic, not overly modded, stock even.
Good looker, smooth runner, nice sound when your foot gets heavy.
Got to be a TT :smile:

Budget around 8k

Greg
From Nottingham btw.

2 Likes

And red

Welcome to GTOUK take a look at our buyers guide to help when looking at various cars.

Oh and yes Red ones go faster and are worth more :joy:

James

2 Likes

Hi Greg and welcome, best of luck with the search.
Red one with pop up lights are cooler , faster and worth more. :grinning::rofl:
Enda

4 Likes

Hi Greg, welcome to Gtouk,
Good luck with your quest.

Hi Greg,

Welcome to Gtouk and its the best club around.
Hope you find what you are looking for, there is a buyers guide somewhere on here. Will tell you everything you need to know.

Terry :sunglasses:

Hi Greg,

Welcome! I picked up my Mk2 TT (in blue, which we all know is actually the fastest colour :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) for 7k last summer and have spent a grand sorting the few bits it needed (reversing the modifications mainly), so with a bit of patience you should be able to find something good with your 8k budget.

I’ve found it easy to work on so far and while spares haven’t been that easy to find, I’ve got gold of everything I need.

Good luck on the hunt - it’ll be worth the effort!