New Owner need your wisdom

Hi fella welcome to GTOUK 8)

You certainly wont be looked down upon because of your age , we were all young once and some of us still are in the head :lol:

Craig :slight_smile:

[quote]Hi fella welcome to GTOUK 8)

You certainly wont be looked down upon because of your age , we were all young once and some of us still are in the head :lol:

Craig :)[/quote]

Thanks buddy Iā€™m use too forums where you get smart arses that say young drivers canā€™t cope or young drivers shouldnā€™t own these lol but got to have your toys, fixed stuck headlight today few manual turns up and down and it works on button again

This place isnā€™t like the others dudeā€¦ Everyone here is wonderfulā€¦ Well except paddingtonā€¦lol kidding.
We all try and help where we can, offer advice when askedā€¦ Even when mistakes are made no one ribs or takes the pi$$. Youā€™ll realise that when you come to some of the meets the guys & gals are nice normal (ish) people

Good result with the headlight fix------would love to be able to say that all jobs on these cars were so easy :wink: but youā€™ll never be short of help from the guys on here

Normal (ish) people ???.. You have to be off your head to own one of these carsā€¦ Iā€™ve had 2 sat
in the garden for the past 3 yearsā€¦ But being a nice normal ( ish ) person whoā€™s off my headā€¦
I wouldnā€™t sell either of them :lol: :lol:

Thought Iā€™d post a few more pics now itā€™s had a quick wash still got a lot of cleaning to do tho http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/Conn3h/null_zpscb561c01.jpg http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/Conn3h/null_zpsfbb5d9eb.jpg http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/Conn3h/null_zps444d5af5.jpg

Welcome to the club matey.
I remember having a look at a black Mk1 TT, at a services near Kidderminster way before I bought my silver one. The paint work was not good, the interior was like a scrap yard, cloth interior, oil stains on the front seats and the rear seats had what I can only describe as a gearbox in bits!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
The guys name was Chris and he was telling me that the best person for these motors was in Shropshire. Wonā€™t mention his name or hijack this thread, but that had a vent on the drivers side headlight.

Your toy looks nice bud, treat it well and it will, in most cases be nice back :roll:

Terry 8)

[quote]Your toy looks nice bud, treat it well and it will, in most cases be nice back :roll:

Terry 8)[/quote]

thanks buddy i certainly intend to look after her, so i hope its a nice and friendly GTO lol

Welcome to the club.

I have mine insured with Admiral for Ā£600 fully comp. It was Ā£1200 my first year but I was only 21, now at the elder age of 23 it seems to be heading in the right direction. However, my car is a UK 3000GT so I donā€™t have the usual silly import issue, where they feel it means they can add Ā£1000!

I contacted Adrian Flux about insuring an import Skyline before this and they laughed me off the phone and told me to take the Ā£4000 quote from Admiral. So, I think it is all dependant on the individual.

[quote]Welcome to the club.

I have mine insured with Admiral for Ā£600 fully comp. It was Ā£1200 my first year but I was only 21, now at the elder age of 23 it seems to be heading in the right direction. However, my car is a UK 3000GT so I donā€™t have the usual silly import issue, where they feel it means they can add Ā£1000!

I contacted Adrian Flux about insuring an import Skyline before this and they laughed me off the phone and told me to take the Ā£4000 quote from Admiral. So, I think it is all dependant on the individual.[/quote]

I rang sky up yesterday for a quote and they said because Iā€™m only 2 months off 25 thatā€™s good enough for them too give me prices at that reduced rate and then he proceeded too knock money off for my previous experience of driving a 280bhp impreza when I was 21 so in the end he came too Ā£810 and as you said it is hard because it is an import but even so Iā€™m impressed ill probly insure it next month now

Done thermostat and had the rad out and expansion tank and given everything a good flush out today and re assembled and it runs sweet now, just one thing, there is a pipe that looks like a breather that comes off the air intake that goes too the turbo and I canā€™t for the life of me find where it plums up too Iā€™ve looked and look

big pipe or little pipe, post up a picture to help us know which ones the problem.

Sorted it now pal it was a biggish breather type pipe that goes too a black plastic type thing lol

Ah that one :roll: at least its sorted well done :smiley:

Thanks pal just needed a big of daylight lol only so much you can achieve with a torch

Welcome to the club mate

Nice looking car

Mike

[quote]Welcome to the club mate

Nice looking car

Mike[/quote]

Thanks pal sheā€™s legal now after I changed thermostat i took it for an mot and it after being stood for 3 years it passed with advisories for the wipers and rusty fuel pipes Iā€™m quite impressed considering I bought it or Ā£600, taken it for a spin and it drivers incredible so much power and runs really sweet

Well done on the MOT, looks like you had a bargain. Just googled that song your dad keeps singing ā€œbig red gtoā€ it was by Sinitta in 1987 before you were even born :lol:

And it was about the Ferrari GTO not ours !!!

[quote]

And it was about the Ferrari GTO not ours !!![/quote]

Thank god for that,it was crap. :lol: