New owner of mk2 gto

Lovely car, looks really refined.

Nice spec, always liked the silver.

Just bear in mind that a stock engine won’t last a long time at 500bhp+. Forged rods and pistons are all that are really required. Some fit stronger head bolts too but it depends how far you push the boost.

Will see how it pans out as evil empire supplied and arranged fitting of the turbos, brakes and clutch the ecu , injectors etc done by local company .
He took me out in a green mk2 same spec as mine running about 16-17psi and said it had approx 470-480 it pulled really well !
As long as I’m close to 500 I’d be happy so we will run 1.2-1.3 (18-19 psi ) see how it goes when data logging etc now ive upgraded the radiator Aswell as the original had seen better days lol

1 Like

If I keep the car then next year Im thinking of upgrading rods and pistons
As Rob at evil Empire said engine would be capable of over 600hp if I wanted it but where do you stop ? Lol

I’m basically going for the same as you, hoping to be around 500,550bhp mark

What spec is yours? What ecu etc etc

Something to bear in mind the mk2 has a 4 bolt crank where as the mk1 is a 2 bolt basically means the mk2 is a lot stronger

Welcome back Kevin,

I see you posted back in 2016 and have come back with the mods you were after.

Unfortunately this section is for introduction of Newbies to our club. I see that it is turning into a technical conversation, which means you need to upgrade your membership to allow the opening of the full forum.

Steve

3 Likes

Just paid and become full member

Many thanks
Kevin

5 Likes

Well done that man, you know it makes sense. Fully welcome on board.

Terry :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Not running at all at the moment, see my project thread (project silver) will eventually be going down the AEM ecu and digital dash route

Now you have full membership and can post your project in the tech sections I will lock this post